37

As the festivities of Luminescence had gone on into the night, Fallon was true to her word and stayed close to Avis. It was midnight and the third day was about to start. Min, the Sarabathian stood on a barrel to get the crowd's attention.

"My dear people of The Order, come and celebrate the third day with me!" She shouted over the crowd, and they all gathered around her. "Most of you already know this game, Jiv?" she asked, and the crowd nodded. "But we do have some newcoming Rogues with us that do not know what they are in for so let us go over the rules." She glanced at Fallon and Venner who had both been in the crowd.

"This patch of woods you see behind me is your playground, my loves." Min told the crowd and the ones who knew what the game entailed smiled excitedly. "First let us separate the men from the women, come on." She clapped to get them to obey her, and Avis took his place with the men, Venner did too, keeping a close eye on the violet eyed man who had stolen Fallon's heart wrongfully.

"Gentlemen, you are the hunters tonight. Ladies you are the adorable little foxes that they will be hunting in the woods." Min winked. "The game goes like this; our little foxes go running in the woods and hide while the hunters try and find them. Whoever finds you, ladies are who you will spend the rest of the day with...so let's hope you are good at hiding and running. You don't want the wrong man to find you." She smiles flirtatiously.

Venner paled at the description of the game, he looked at Fallon who seemed to be a bit deterred by the activity as well. He tried to get her attention, but Min had signaled for the women to flee into the woods. Fallon shot out like a bullet ahead of the women and reached the woods first. Venner took a mental note of where she would be and caught the words of Avis in the crowd, "That Ivory haired angel is going to be all mine tonight."

Venner's anger engulfed him, and he could hear his heartbeat in his ears. When Min gave the signal, Venner started running towards the area Fallon had vanished into, Avis seemed to have the same idea and followed behind, but the crowd of men were numerous, and she vanished behind them all. Venner took that opportunity to run faster in case he popped up again. When he finally reached the woods, he frantically searched for her. He didn't want to her to be with a strange man for the night and he certainly didn't want her to be with Avis.

The woods were dark, and the men were already starting to capture their women and take them out of the woods. He was starting to get nervous. What if she was already captured?

"Fallon?" He spoke softly so as not to spark any other man's attention. The fear of her being hurt by anyone started to make him panic. "Fallon!" He spoke a little louder. A sudden weight landed on top of his back, "Gotcha!"

Venner's heart skipped a beat in sudden fear until he realized it was her, "Fallon, you idiot! You scared me to death."

Fallon laughed a little n hung on his back playfully, this was a sudden change from the last time they spoke. So, what happened between then and now. "I guess the fox caught the hunter this time."

"You are an insane woman, you know that?" He said a bit irritated. "I thought Avis had caught you. Don't you want to spend the night with him?"

Fallon got off him and sighed, "I actually caught you because...I wanted to apologize." They both started walking out of the woods and back to their tent. Venner looked at her as if she had gone crazy. Fallon never apologizes unless she knew she was wrong. "I was wrong for saying all those things to you. I was just angry." She looked up at him apologetically.

"Don't worry about it, Fallon." he said humbly. "If I cared that much about what people said, I wouldn't be here right now making sure you're okay."

"I really mean it." She stopped to look at him. "You didn't deserve any of the words I said to you."