Chapter 21

Xander lifted his light green eyes to glance at me, slowly raising an eyebrow as the corner of his mouth lifted up in a small grin. He took a step closer to me and my breath caught in my throat, for I had no idea how someone could have such an amazing body.

His hand slowly rose to my face and I froze as his fingers traced under my chin, and lifted it up, causing me to stare into his eyes.

"My eyes are up here."

I suddenly regained my strength and pushed his hand away from my chin. "I know."

Xander's deep laughter sounded from the back of his throat. "You can check me out, Jasper. I don't mind."

My mouth dropped open at his arrogance. "You keep proving to me how insane you really are every single damn day."

He laughed again, and this time, it was my turn to take a step closer. He looked down at me, surprised, and I grabbed his left hand, pulling it closer to me. I turned his arm, revealing scars that marked up his wrist, and he immediately tried to pull away.

"Let go," he said.

"Then quit doing this to yourself," I replied. "I don't want to see these marks here anymore."

"You're so stubborn," he sighed. "Those are scars. And they're always going to be there. But, I am going to try what you said, so don't be surprised if you get a call from me."

I smirked, remembering when I told him to pick up his phone the next time he felt the urge to pick up the knife.

"Whatever you have to do," I said, releasing his hand so it fell limply at his side. His bare chest was still inches from my own and he simply just stared at me.

"What?" I asked, frowning at him.

"You're driving me crazy," he said.

I rolled my eyes. "I'm somehow being extremely kind to you and you dare to tell me I'm driving you crazy?"

Xander's large hand suddenly rose to my face as he silently cupped my cheek and leaned closer. My eyes widened at his abrupt movement and I just stared at him. He removed his eyes from my own and glanced down at my lips, causing me to narrow my eyes at him.

"What the hell?" I asked, though didn't move away from Xander's touch. "What're you doing?"

His eyes remained locked on my lips and I placed my hand on his naked chest. This made him glance down at my hand, and I gave him a rough push. His hand fell from my face as he stumbled backwards and he stared at me, shocked.

"What?" I asked. "Why won't you answer me, Xander?"

"Shit," he finally spit and stepped away, turning his broad back to me. His jeans fell a bit, enough to reveal the top of his boxers, and his well-defined muscles on his lower back.

I couldn't understand what Xander was thinking so I stood, baffled at the whole previous situation. I didn't know what he was going to do if I hadn't stopped him.

"Idiot," I heard his deep voice say as he continued to finish the dishes. "Stop thinking about it."

I snapped back to reality and took a few steps back to the sink where Xander stood. "What were you doing?"

"Nothing," he shot. "You had something on your face."

"No, I didn't," I denied. "Why won't you tell me?"

He suddenly reached for the faucet, turning off the running water and whipped around to face me. His stare turned intense as he looked at me in the eyes.

"Would you prefer I finished?" he asked.

"What?" I asked.

He initiated another step closer to me, again bringing his chest inches from mine. I sucked in a breath as his hand found my cheek again and his thumb brushed across it.

He angled his head, darting his green eyes to my lips for the second time, and brought his lips close to mine, yet stopped far enough to speak.

"Stop me."

I stared at him, unmoving.

"Jasper," he warned. "Push me away."

I couldn't bring myself to move and I felt paralyzed under his touch.

"Just like you did before, Jasper. Push me," he said and I felt his waist press against mine as he took one step closer.

"Wh-"

"Ah," he sighed. "Fuck it."

Before I could process what was happening, Xander closed the distance between us and softly pressed his lips against mine. I stood still, shocked. Xander opened his mouth wider against mine, forcing my lips to part, and deepened the kiss.

And what was even crazier was the fact that I found myself unable to resist him as I lifted my hand and brought it to the back of his head, pulling him closer to me before I mumbled, "Shit," against his lips and kissed him back. I felt his tongue slowly enter my mouth as it pushed against mine, causing a quiet moan to rise from the back of my throat.

And out of my control, my hand found its way to Xander's naked chest, where it traced down to his waist. Xander spun us around so my back was to his kitchen cabinets and he pulled away shortly for air, as he pushed me against them. He looked into my eyes again before crashing his lips back down on mine. Then suddenly, we heard footsteps running into the kitchen and Xander ripped himself away from me, leaving me out of breath and bewildered.

"Daddy?"

---
Hi, please let me know if you liked the chapter by leaving a vote and comment! ~ thank you :)