Chapter 27

"You're joking," I told him.

"You know I'm not," he replied, staring up at me as he swiped his tongue across his lips.

"Why-"

My question was cut short as Xander's hand shot up to the back of my head, bringing my lips back down on his. But this time, I didn't pull away as his tongue licked across my bottom lip, softly sucking on it and I ran my fingers through his hair. He widened his mouth, thrusting his tongue through my lips, causing a deep moan to sound from the back of my throat. He then lifted the bottom of my shirt, sliding a hand under it.

I shivered under his touch, his hand tracing down my chest as I eagerly kissed him back with everything I had. I pulled away for air before I collapsed my lips against his again, eventually beginning to softly kiss around his mouth and down to his jaw. I didn't know what was happening to me.

Xander's hand traveled further down my chest until he reached my waist, but he didn't stop there. And so, I unwillingly forced my hand to grab his, bringing it away from myself and entangled our fingers together.

And finally, I pulled away breathing heavily as I leaned my head back against the bed.

"Oh my god," I breathed. "I knew it."

I was insane.

"That you've got a thing for me?" Xander asked, the corner of his mouth lifting up in his usual smirk.

No, that I was going insane.

"I- I don't fucking know," I said, collapsing a hand on my face.

I was truly insane.

"Wait, what?" Xander asked, removing his hand from mine as he brought it up to my face. He forced my head to turn to him as he spoke again. "There's a chance you actually have a thing for me?"

No. You're wrong.

"Hayden," I forced. "I love him?"

"Are you seriously asking me, Jasper?" Xander asked, removing his hand from my face. "I don't know how your brain is big enough to even fit thoughts of him in there anymore."

"Excuse me?" I asked, glaring down at Xander who sighed.

"Your brain," he replied. "Obviously isn't big enough to retain anything useful from lectures, yet has enough room for both me and Hayden?"

"You?" I asked, bewildered. "Since when are you including yourself in my brain?"

"Since I met you."

"What?"

"Oh my god," Xander replied. "You're really giving me a headache."

He brought his hand up to his forehead as he rubbed it. I stayed silent.

"Jasper," he said after a few moments of silence. "Why'd you kiss me first?"

I couldn't gather the words I wanted to say and resorted to a simple, "Sorry."

Xander used his arm and pushed himself up in bed into a sitting position beside me, hissing as his ribs evidently pained him. "Sorry?"

"That's what you said to me when you kissed me back at your house," I spat.

"Oh right," he said as he looked down at his hands. "But really, Jasper. Why'd you do it?"

"Well, what about you?" I inquired, glancing over at him. "Why did you kiss me back then? You never gave me a proper response."

"It's your fault."

"My fault? You were the one at fault the second you placed your lips on mine, Xander," I told him.

"It's your fault that my chest pounds every second I'm with you. It's your fault that my mind can't stop thinking about you all the time. And it's your fault that a part of me feels attracted to you," he said, breathing out. "That's why I kissed you. But now, it's your turn. What's your reason?"

"How the fuck did you just say all of that without feeling any hint of embarrassment?" I asked, laughing in between words. "I mean, you basically just told me you're into me."

"And what of it, Jasper? So what if I am?" he asked. "It obviously doesn't mean anything to you."

I leaned over, intentionally pressing my shoulder against Xander's. I reached my hand up to his face, forcing him to look at me. His face contorted into a scowl as I accidentally stared down at his lips. "Of course it means something to me, idiot," I said, removing my hand from his face and grabbing his hand instead. I brought it up to my chest, as his eyes followed my every movement. "You feel that?" I asked.

"Wh-"

"Shut up," I dismissed him. "I'm the same, you know. My heart beats like crazy whenever I'm with you and I feel like I don't know what to do. The kiss was out of my control, Xander. You really stir me up bad."

"Jasper," he said, untangling his hand from mine as he brought it up to my neck. "I'm dead tired."

I laughed, placing my hand on his. "Go to sleep, it's not like I'm going anywhere."

"But I want to finish this conversation," he replied, his light green eyes fixed on mine as my chest pounded.

"Just go to sleep," I told him. "I'm beat too."

Xander dropped his hand from my neck, slowly shifting his body as he laid down on his back. I reached down, softly moving his dark hair as he closed his eyes.

"I still have more to say," he said, his voice raspy with exhaustion.

"Say it in the morning," I replied as I also lowered myself in the bed.

"Okay," he said.

"Goodnight," I said, crossing my arms over my chest before I closed my eyes.

"Dream of me."

"Fuckin' idiot."

But that night, Xander just wouldn't leave my dreams.

---

The next morning, my body felt stiff and overly hot as the sun blared into the hospital room.

I hadn't opened my eyes, for I was still thoroughly exhausted, as I heard a few nurses walk into the room.

"Should we wake them?"

---
Hi, please let me know if you liked the chapter by leaving a vote and comment! ~ thank you :)