Chapter 22

Hadlee's stubby legs carried her into the kitchen as she looked over at her father with big, green eyes. Xander instantly stepped away from me and towards his daughter as she looked up at him.

"I thought Aunty Paisley was watching you," he said to her, scooping her up in his arms as she giggled. He then walked straight out of the kitchen without looking back, leaving me alone, still leaning against the kitchen cabinets.

What the hell just happened?

I concluded that my mind was screwed up and I needed to get back to my dorm. Xander must've thought the same because he walked back into the kitchen, this time with a shirt on, and I figured he gave Hadlee back to Paisley.

"I'll bring you back," he said with a hand on the back of his neck, obviously feeling uncomfortable. I sighed.

"Let's go," I said and followed him out of the door, and slid into the passenger seat once we reached his car. He slowly pulled out of the driveway and began the fifteen-minute drive back to campus.

Neither one of us spoke for a while. Awkwardness radiated in the air as the ride felt like the longest drive I had ever experienced. I decided to turn on the radio to at least get some noise in the car as a song by Foreigner came on.

"I want to know what love is," the song sounded. "I want you to show me."

"Should I show you?" Xander asked, referring to the lyrics I just sang.

"Shut up," I said with a grin.

Xander laughed and the atmosphere improved from the awkwardness that originally radiated. And I was glad for it.

When we finally reached the parking lot to the university, I unbuckled my seatbelt and opened the door, sliding out. I leaned back in only to say a simple, "Thanks." Xander brought his eyes to meet mine and nodded his head. I closed the door, and as soon as I did, Xander sped off out of the parking lot.

I couldn't stop thinking about how helpless I felt in front of Xander as he kissed me, and how I actually kissed him back. I couldn't stop thinking about how good his body felt against mine and how his lips moved with mine.

It was strange. I didn't even like Xander, yet I made out with him, and it would have continued if Hadlee hadn't interrupted.

All of these thoughts ran through my head on my walk back to the dorm, and when I arrived, Drey was at his desk as usual.

"You're back pretty late," Drey said, lifting his glasses. "I thought Xander was only supposed to tutor you."

"He did," I shot. "And that's all he did."

I walked over to my bed as thoughts of Xander flooded my mind and I didn't know what to do. And so, I grabbed my pillow off of my bed and drew my arm back before releasing it and slamming it against the wall.

"Fuck!" I yelled, startling Drey who turned around to face me.

What did I do earlier?

"Jeez, Jasp," Drey said. "If I didn't know any better, I'd say something really did happen between the two of you with the odd way you're acting."

"Nothing happened," I spit.

"You seem to keep forgetting that Cupid is your roommate, Jasp," Drey said, a wide smile on his face.

"We must have a third roommate then because the only person I see is Drey," I said as I sighed and collapsed on my bed. I could never tell Drey that I made out with Xander for he'd never let me live it down. And I couldn't live with that for the rest of my life.

I closed my eyes, exhausted from the long day. Too much happened. I couldn't stay awake.

But then I remembered that I hadn't spoken to Hayden at all today and we normally called each other at night. So, I decided to call him. I reached over and grabbed my phone and began to unlock the passcode. However, as I did this, an incoming call was displayed on the screen.

I smiled as I figured that Hayden was calling. I hurriedly swiped to answer, saying, "What's up?"

"Hey," a deep voice responded and my eyes popped open. "I'm sorry."

"You're not-" I started.

"What? Were you expecting someone else?" Xander asked.

"N-no," I stuttered. "What were you saying?"

"Sorry," he replied. "For earlier."

I didn't respond.

"I don't know what came over me, Jasper," he continued. "I made a huge mistake. I'm sorry."

I sighed. "It's fine. It's partly my fault, too."

"Huh?"

"Guess I haven't really kissed anyone in a while. Fuck," I said. "I couldn't resist you."

Drey instantly whirled around in his chair, his eyes wide.

"You kissed someone?" he yelled, so loud that Xander heard and started laughing.

"Turn around," I told Drey, rolling my eyes.

"Who is it?" he yelled, standing up. "Who are you on the phone with?"

"No one," I said, motioning with my hand to go away.

"Was I right? Is it really Xander?" he asked, coming closer.

"No," I hissed. "I'll tell you later."

"You're going to tell him?" Xander asked.

"No way," I replied. "But, he needs to get back to studying," I said, directing the comment at Drey. He glared at me and hurried back to his chair.

"But Jasper," he spoke up again. "You said you couldn't resist me."

My body felt hot in an instant. I nervously laughed to play it off. "Haha, did I? I didn't mean anything by it."

Xander laughed. "You suck at lying."

"I'm not lying, Xander," I said.

Drey whipped around again. "You said Xander!"

Shit.

"You kissed Xander?" he practically yelled again.

I didn't see any way out of it.

"Don't tell anyone."

---
Hi, please let me know if you liked the chapter by leaving a vote and comment! ~ thank you :)