Chapter 5

Edited.
CHAPTER 5

I managed to balance the tray with one hand as I curtly knocked on the door.

After a couple of seconds, the door opened revealing a very pissed of Adham.

Wow. Im already seems to triumph the devised plan.

"What?" Adham seethed through gritted teeth as he stepped out before closing the door behind him.

I mustered an innocent look on my face before lifting the tray up. I tilted my head and batted my lashes to bolster my act.

"You forgot to have these cheesecakes," I said in my sweetest voice possible.

His face seemed to resemble a tomato that I had come to accustom begrudgingly since I could remember. But I really had to give him credit on how he nails the 'perfect pig face' every fucking time.

He eyed desert on the tray before he gritted his teeth.

"Get ou--"

"Cheesecakes? Oh oh. I want some!" a silly voice chimed from the other side.

I peeked over Adham to the door that was slightly creaked open revealing a blonde's enthusiastic face between the creek.

I grinned.

I kept my eyes on him all along as I pushed past Adham defiantly, inviting myself in.

All eyed had simultaneously mastered to glue themselves on me as I placed the tray on top of the table before I let out another defiant grin.

"Alright! A piece for everyone!" I announced as I passed out the plates.

I would be lying if I had slipped Adham's perilous ignorance of my rebellious act out of mind.

"Is she your daughter, Mr.Behdad?"

Out of the corner of my eyes, I saw Adham clear his throat. "Yes," he replied curtly.

That's highly debatable Mr.Behdad.

The leader smirked before he curtly nodded towards one of his members to which the other one responded back with another smirk.

Wow, so now they speak 'smirking'. Damn. They never seemed to stop surprising me.

"Alright." He mumbled before he turned back to me.

"Forgive me, darling. I haven't introduced myself out of contempt. I am Marshall Meshouf and I'm quite delighted to meet you." He smiled genuinely as he extended his hand. I eyed the hand before I spoke back.

"Blaire. Likewise." I replied shortly and took his hand.

"We are Persian descendants like yourself." He informed as I retracted my hand back.

I nodded slowly as I pursed my lips for an awkward smile.

"I'm proud to say we possess the same dreaded reputation back in London, similar to yours' here in America," he stated as he twirled his glass of champagne.

I pretended to be interested.

At that moment I couldn't help but think how sickening it was at the way they took pride in their nefarious acts.

"My son, Israel was supposed to attend today, but he sneaked out somewhere else at the last minute." He continued to blabber things that I found were rather unsolicited. "He is actually closer to your age, it's a shame he didn't come. You could've used some company." He brooded.

Trust me, that's the last time I want now.

I simply shrugged as a response to his comment before he continued speaking.