Chapter 20

CHAPTER 20

Great. No sleep for two nights in a row! Yay me!

I hadn't slept a wink last night either. Blake just had to invade my mind with all the sweet memories we had, which I thought were going to stay forever. But to my luck, it didn't.

I sighed and stumbled of my bed and padded my way to the bathroom before I get a knock at the door or something. We wouldn't want what happened yesterday to happen again, now do we?

After 30 minutes or so, I walked out of my room all prepped up, with Blake still disturbing my thoughts.

What if he comes to school today? What if he talks to me? Does he actually still love me?

I sighed frustrated and shook my head. I need to stop thinking about him.

I grabbed an apple from the huge fruit basket that had been neatly placed on the carved teak table and ran to outside to get to school. Even though that's the last thing I wanted to do.

****

I arched my brow at the collective gasps and whispers that were growing each second I entered the campus.

Most of the kids were either staring at me like creeps, gave me sympathetic looks or look away once I caught their eyes.

I frowned. What the matter now?

I examined my looks and saw nothing wrong with it. No torn clothes. No mascara running. Then why?

I sighed irritated and glared at everyone who looked my way and walked straight to my homeroom.

The way along was not sunshine and rainbows either. I even got horrified expressions to add to the list.

Eh...

I plopped on my seat and pinched the bridge of my nose with my thumb and index finger.

"Heyyy Blaire" A voice greeted, which I immediately recognized. That's when my frown deepened.

"Jessie" I stated and meet her elevated turquoise pair that had a tint of amusement and mischief that swirled around her orbs. She made herself comfortable on top of my table and crossed her legs over the other and smirked.

"Looks like lover boy is back in town" she sang as she twirled her thick hair in between my fingers.

I scrunched my forehead in confusion. My eyes traveled to the ones of her minions that were standing behind her back, with their arms folded over their chest with a similar expression plastered on their face. I bit my lip.

You don't mean....

"Yes, Blaire. Blake is back in town. For me. He said that he couldn't stay away from me anymore and wanted to make our relationship official. We even kissed before I came here" she bit her lip and smiled.

I swallowed the bile that rose up and turned my head away. She laughed bitterly.

"Did you really think he loved you?" she rose her perfectly trimmed eyebrow which made me think of mine which resembled a bush. "You are so easy to play with, Blaire. No wonder he accepted the dare" she said as she put a lock of her hair behind, over her shoulder.

I scoffed.

"You know, he even-"

"THAT'S ENOUGH!" a voice roared across the room. my eyes that had welled up without my knowledge blinded my vision to meet the source of the noise. I closed my eyes tightly and shook my head to try again as I cast my eyes towards the direction of the voice.