Chapter 9

CHAPTER 9

I weaved my sight through the crowd to find the possessor of the voice.

I saw a man walk out of the crowds with his head down slowly towards me. He stopped about twice a meter away from me. He lifted his head up and a gasp left my lips.

His face... His face held something that I count put my fingers on. He looked like someone I knew but a mere stranger to me. The black cloth mask similar to mine, that covered his face didn't help either. It was a Colombina mask. The ones that only cover the area surrounding the eyes and not the whole face. But still, you wouldn't be able to guess the person's facial features.

His detached brown eyes held mine in an undescriptive manner.

"I would like to fight the lady" His orotund voice spoke. I looked at him.

Does he really think I will let my title slip, right through my hands just because the stupid damn referee couldn't keep his mouth shut?

Hell Nah!

No matter what, I will fight him and show everyone that I am entirely worthy of the title that I have earned.

I nodded to myself and looked at him.

"I accept" I endured and gracefully strode towards him and stood a hair's breadth away from him. I looked up at him to meet his elevated eyes.

"What do I gain from doing this?" I whispered as I tilted my head to the side. He smirked.

"Whatever you want" He promised. I raised my eyebrow. "Only If you win" He added.

I took a step back.

"But if I win," He crossed his arms over his chest calmly. "I get whatever I want" He bargained.

I looked at his enlarged arms and muscular body. "What if neither wins?" I asked.

He smirked. "Then you'll have the upper hand too" he clarified. I blinked.

"Okay" I agreed. "When?" I asked.

"Now"

"Now?"

"Now" He confirmed as he nodded. I bit my lip and looked down at my body. Cuts, bruises and gashes embraced my body. I fixed my gaze back to the man and sighed.

"Alright" I said which proceeded by a collective number of gasps from the people.

I shrugged and walked into the ring followed by the man, hot behind my trail.

¼

I grabbed the rope with one of my hand while the other rested exhausted on my thigh. My breadth was labored as I peeked under my lashes at the man who had challenged me.

He miraculously maintained his refreshed stance. He leaned down to my crouched level and whispered.

"I will pretend to lose if you will do whatever I ask."

I shook my head and pushed my fist in the direction of his face which he dodged with ease. My limbs fell to my side. I don't think I can do it. I have already fought 'Hurricane' a while ago. It was foolish of me to even consider fighting with another person as well-build as him. I can't give up the title for my stupid mistake. Nor can I fight in this condition.

I then, gave him my answer.

"O-Okay" I said. "I'll do whatever you want" I managed to choke out begrudgingly . He smirked.

I then sighed.

Until now, I still haven't figured out if it was a sigh of regret or relief.

I then delivered a fatal kick on the base of his neck to which he pretended to be knocked out cold on the floor.