Chapter 12

CHAPTER 12

I finish my English project as my pen swiped down the ink writing the last word promptly.

I closed the file and stuffed it into my school bag. I plopped on my bed as  I looked at the bedside clock.

6:23 pm

I turned my head upwards and studied the patterns carved on my ceiling.

Well, I still have a lot of time left until I go to the Fighting arena to hang out with Calvin and Sean like I promised. I am not going to fight today, but just going to watch the other fights that are scheduled, with Calvin and Sean. I don't need to wear a mask or contacts this time as I am just going to be a part of the crowd. It's not like anyone's going to recognize me.

Like I said, no one knows about me fighting, other than Calvin, Sean and...... the mystery man.

I turned over to my side on the bed.

It's not like I am scared of him since I owe him -from the deal- to be a friend of that atrocious man. It's just unusual and creepy. I mean, not everyone demands me to be their friend while still knowing unexplained stuff about me.

I narrowed my eyes.

I wonder what all things he knows about me...

And why in the world does he want to be my Friend?! I mean come on he could have asked for anything—not that I am willing to give him anything—but he still chose for me to be his friend?!

Hmm... there is something surely suspicious about him.

I got from my bed and slipped on the pair of sneakers lying next to the bed and padded towards the large mirror.

I tied my hair in a pony and lifted my shirt up till my bust line as I turned around here and there to inspect my body.

A couple of bruises there... A few cuts yet to be healed here...

Yup. Better than last time. I have recovered a little. I think.

I nodded to myself and went downstairs to have some snacks and head out to the arena.

As I reached the pantry I met Tara cleaning the cupboards.

My face lit up. "Hello Tara, How have you been doing" I greeted.

She turned a bit stunned. "Blaire!" Her eyes went wide as she saw it was me. I nodded.

"I have been very well. What about you? Is Adham treating you well?" She inquired. I shrugged.

"I haven't been a victim of abusing for quite a while. He has been busy with something, so I guess I'll be fine" I joked. She frowned and nodded.

Well, it is good for me, but has been going downhill for Adham. Those Men from London apparently detected a threat for Adham from someone. They were willing to help him as they were his allies. Since that day when I had gone to that abandoned place after school with Adham, he has been either drowning himself with work or on the phone with the Mehsoufs.

I don't think it's that serious, where it could affect me, Of course.

Just four more months... then I'll be out of here.

I still feel kind of confused as to why he would tell me this. He usually minds his own business and only hits me when he gets drunk. We never really have contact apart from that. But lately, I have been pulled into his issues with Marshall's Gangs. I don't think Adham would want me there. It must be those men that have been suggesting for me to be present in their meeting even though I don't get to hear anything. I don't really understand their benefit with my presence.