Chapter 22

Edited.

CHAPTER 22

My eyes squinted at the door in front of me to my hand on the handle, debating whether I should proceed with my thoughts or not.

I sighed and retrieved my hand to myself as I pursed my lips together. 

I mean, if I chicken out now, then I probably will die of suspense.

I shook the thoughts away rapidly. 

But what if they kick me out for eavesdropping?

I groaned as my thoughts battled against each other.

"Are you gonna knock or just stay there?" a familiar voice chimed in.

I jumped in fright and started at Israel's amused face.

 He stood there with his legs crossed as he slouched on the wall beside me. His arms, crossed over his chest, simply made his biceps bulge out attractively. And the fact his shirt was white and tight didn't help either. 

I blushed.

Stop right there, Blaire!

He arched his brow. "Well? "  he emphasized.I cleared my throat awkwardly.

 " I-I was just about to knock. You just showed up at the right time." I said as I straighten my back a bit more.

"Oh really? So, you're telling me, that for the past ten minutes, I didn't see you wandering around my door, and that my mind was just playing games with me?" he rose his eyebrow.

"Y-Yes" I blurt out quickly. "You should probably get that checked out," I added as I licked my lips nervously as I looked into his eyes that seemed to have mirth dancing all over it.

I broke off my gaze and cleared my throat.

"Alright. I'm off." I said quietly and turned to walk away.

"Wait!" his voice stopped me. "Why did you come you here? Did you want anything?" his voice enquired.

Should I ask him? Well, fuck it.

I nodded and turned to face him.

I took a deep breath and looked at him in the eye. "I-I heard you and your father talking about something." There was a pregnant pause. " About how 'keeping me here was the best.' Is something wrong?" I asked with a frown.

He took in a sharp breath. "W-what? When did you hear that?" he asked with a disturbed expression. I arched a brow at his sudden change composure. But soon turned beet red when I realized that I had to tell him how I heard it.

I sighed. "Well, let's just say that I wasn't exactly running around the halls," I said sheepishly. He squinted his eyes at me before he turned to look away.

"Well, it is nothing really. You don't need to worry about that." he waved his hand dismissively.

I couldn't help but raise another brow. "You sure?"

He nodded. I frowned and stayed there inert for few seconds before I turned to walk away but was stopped by Israel's call. Again.

"What now?" I turned around with annoyance in my voice. He scratched the back of his head.

"Um... I'm kind of busy now... is it okay, if you could make a short trip to the grocery?" He asked.

I grinned. "Yeah, Alright" I agreed. He let out a breath and went inside his room.

I peeked into his room.

He came out with a paper in his hand. He smiled at me and handed it over. "Thanks," he said.