Chapter 39

(A/N) I'm soooo sorry, but I have been really busy these days and had been quite sick for the past week too. I'm so so so so so so so sorry! T_T I'll make it up to you! I promise! I'll make sure to update at the earliest. 

Previously,

Clue/task 1: Sing 'call me maybe' to my friend Gerald continuously for 5 minutes. Warning: do not stop until five minutes is over or the beavers residing near, will chop off your limb.

I guess we are going scavenger hunt in the middle of a forest then. FML.

****

Chapter 39

I turned around with the note in my hand, scanning my surroundings.

Like I mentioned before, it was trees, trees, and trees.

As continued to take in the beautiful scenery that engulfed me, I couldn't help but wonder how this guy managed to plan a scavenger hunt in the middle of nowhere.

I sighed and walked towards the direction of the tree named 'Gerald' all while getting small branches that were still attached to trees, constantly slapping my face and tripping over rocks.

I swear, when I see Israel, I'm going to dress him as a lettuce and feed him to the snails. It will be a slow death...

I grinned at my silly thoughts and came to a halt in front of the tree.

"Hey there... um..You must be Gerald?" I stared at the static tree as the wind breezed through us making the leaves rustle.

I cleared my throat.

"Um.. okay. Here I go" I mumbled. I looked around me just to make sure I was alone and dropped my gaze down to my feet.

"I threw a wish in the well
Don't ask me I'll never tell
I looked to you as it fell
And now you're in my way"
I started mumbling the verses.

"I'd trade my soul for a wish
Pennies and dimes for a kiss
I wasn't looking for this
But now you're in my way"
I started somewhat singing and looked at the tree now.

"Your stare was holding
Ripped jeans, skin was showin'
Hot night, wind was blowin'
Where you think you're going, baby?"
I yelled. And that when I got hyped up and started dancing along with the song.

"Hey, I just met you and this is crazy
But here's my number, so call me maybe
It's hard to look right, at you baby
But here's my number, so call me maybe!

Hey-

Alright, I'm losing my shit" I cleared my throat and straightened my dress. I stood up straight and looked back at the tree as I choked on my own spit when I realized what I had just done.

I stopped. I just... stopped! Is a beaver seriously going to come and chop off my limbs?

A shiver ran down my spine as I anxiously scanned my surrounding. I caught on my breath when I heard something move in the bushes.

My eyes widen as I took a step back only to stumble and fall down a faint small hill from the road.

I sat up with a groan and dusted my hands together as I gazed at my sullied dress.

I groaned again. My breath hitched when sensed a movement the bushes again.

Oh Dear, Lord. I know I don't believe in you, But since everyone do this when they're about to die,  but doesn't want to, I'll do it too. I don't want to freaking die! I have a lot to do! I'll even go with Anna! I'll even give back the secret stash of gummy bears I stole from Sean back to him! Please don't let me die!