Chapter 7: Lots of texting

It had been two days after the Saturday that the celebratory video had been filmed. Afterwards the crew had gone out for a dinner and Nate had been kind enough to invite me to tag along but I had declined. I didn’t want to get in the way and I was extremely tired after all of the events and meeting so many new people.

I had been looking through the photos and found so many that I wanted to post. I had managed to limit the choice to thirty photos, which was more than double of what I had ever put up in one post. I sat down to write an entry text.

“I got the amazing opportunity to be part of the YouTuber SillyNate’s 3 million celebratory video behind the scenes and capture photos of it all. I agreed to this because I had gotten a lot of feedback from people who wanted to see stuff like that. Find the video on SillyNate’s YouTube channel. Participants in the games were Zoella, PointlessBlog, ThatcherJoe, CasparLee, MarcusButler & JacksGap. Hope you enjoy this post and remember to check out the channels of above mentioned people, they are the sweetest.”

I went on to add a short sentence to each of my photos chosen, like with the photo of Nate reacting to the hitting 3 million I wrote “Tears of joy almost appeared as Nate appreciated the support of his subscribers”.

About ten minutes after having added the post, a text appeared on my phone.

*Hi Abbs. Love the new post! What did you think of my video?*

I smiled at the fact that he had discovered the update so quickly.

*Thanks, were you waiting on my website? I really enjoyed the video but I must say it was more fun to witness close up, I would love to relive it.*

As I sent it I realised that I had just indirectly thanked him for the invitation and fished for another invitation for next time something similar happened. I face palmed. Why did I always say and write the first thing that came to my mind when I was put on the spot and then analysed it afterwards and understood how my words actually came across. I sat tense by the phone waiting for a response.

*Lol, then I may have to have you behind camera another time. & no, I didn’t stalk your page*

Thrilled that he was taking it light-heartedly, I breathed out and relaxed. Nate had texted again.

*I’m a bit surprised of the close ups of me*

I bit my lower lip nervously. Had I crossed a line? I thought he wanted it documented but maybe I had been a bit too close.

*I’m sorry, should I take it down?* I wrote.

*No, I love it. Really captures how I felt & love that my sillies get to see my reaction*

I laughed.

*That’s your name for your subscribers? I laughed reading it! But it is cute in a silly way I guess.*

“What are you laughing about?” Emma asked as she opened the door to my room and entered without permission as always. She knew I hated it but that didn’t stop her from doing it.

“Nothing…” I replied and hurried to hide my phone before she snapped it with her ninja-hands.

“Raaight… Cuz you would tell me if something was going on? Like meeting up with 8 of my favourite YouTubers of all time, right?”

She mocked me and placed her hands on her slim waist. She still hadn’t quite gotten over the fact that I hadn’t told her about it.

“I had promised Nate, I told you…” I tried to explain but she cut me off.

“Yes, your word to your crush means more than your sis…”

Now it was my turn to cut her off.