Chapter 16: Vidcon Day 1

It was Friday and the first official day of Vidcon and Nate was super excited about it, almost as much as he was by my surprise visit.

“I still can’t believe it, Abbs! I really wanted to ask you to accompany me but I thought it might be too weird or too soon,” he said, rambling on as he was picking out his outfit for the day.

I smiled at him. It might be a bit soon but we had been together for almost two months now and we spend so much time together.

“I missed you and jumped at the opportunity to join you,” I said.

Nate pulled a T-shirt over his head and locked his eyes with me. He walked over and gave me a light kiss on the lips.

“I missed you too. I’m just bummed that I have to leave you alone already. But it’s the YouTube boys meet-up today and I’m so excited to meet the viewers and hang out with all of the guys,” Nate said, cupping my face.

“Never be sad about something like that. It would be bad if you weren’t excited. I’m even excited on your behalf. It’s great for you to actually interact with people more personally. Who are the other YouTube boys?”

“It’s the other British boys; you know Alfie, Marcus, Joe, Caspar and Jim. Although Caspar is really South African,” he chuckled softly.

I had met every single one of them except Jim but I had come across him in vlogs with the others and he seemed like the perfect gentleman.

“Come on, I need to get there. Join me on the way down?” he asked and offered me his hand.

I took it but said: “Yes, but not all the way. People are in the lobby and I don’t want the attention.”

Nate nodded and we rode the lift down together. Just before the door opened at the last floor he gave me a kiss, which took me completely by surprise. I was tipped back and instinctively swung my arms around his neck. He helped me straighten up, just as the doors opened.

He gave me a cheeky wink before departing around to corner and into the lobby. Screams and shouts started immediately and I feared slightly for his safety. I knew no one would ever want to hurt him but in crowds people pushed and I was more afraid that some of the girls might the trampled.

I had been in Nate’s hotel room for little over an hour and pulled out my phone to call Emma. Then I remembered that it would be extremely expensive and thought better of it.

Having waited for a short while I ventured out into the lobby and eyes turned my way only to look away as they realised I wasn’t a YouTuber.

Luckily Emma was sitting in one of the sofas, chatting away with some teenage girls. I approached slowly.

“Did you see SillyNate? He’s just so handsome! I wish I could get to hug him,” said one of the girls.

“I know, right? I can’t understand why he hasn’t got a girlfriend. You think he might hook-up with Tina again?”

I had heard about Tina before. She was a beauty guru and very beautiful. Nate had told me that they had had a short fling at Playlist Live this year. They had made out but never went father than that.

“I don’t think so,” my sister said.

“Why?” asked another of the girls.

“I heard he’s dating someone back in the UK,” the first girl replied.

Not bearing to hear more of that conversation, I gently tapped Emma on the shoulder.

“Sis!” she exclaimed.