Chapter 28: Zoella Beauty Launch Party

I had never been invited to a fancy party before - let alone one for an incredible beauty line by a woman I could call a friend. I had been very happy and surprised when Nate and I got invited to Zoella Beauty Launch Party. Nate had been friends with Zoe for ages and it wasn't odd that he had been invited but I had worried that I was just going as his girlfriend.

Zoe had been thoughtful enough to ring me and personally assure me that she wanted me to come as well. She had known that I might be unsure about accepting the invitation and this was one of the reasons I really liked her; she always considered your feelings. Sometimes even a little bit to much as she was a self-admitted people pleaser but knew that it is impossible to please everyone even if you want to.

It didn't even compare to the formality of Nate's cousin's wedding from last weekend since that had been very laid-back and I hadn't had time to freak out about that. This on the other hand, I had had time to prepare and I did my utmost not to freak out.

I had persuaded Emma to be my hairdresser and make-up artist since I didn't trust myself to do a good enough job. I still was a make-up noob.

She had jumped at the chance, she loved dressing me up. She of course had also helped pick out my outfit. I had gone a bit wild and invested in a new dress. It was very fancy and I doubted that I would ever wear it to something else but I did really like it.

It was a very dark blue with slight sparkles and went to my ankles. It was strapless and I felt very exposed but also really liked how it fitted. Emma managed to talk me into buying it and when I watched my reflection in the mirror with hair and make-up done, I almost blushed at how grown up I looked. I looked like a proper classy lady with high heels I had borrowed from Emma. Emma had done my hair is an elegant half-up-half down fashion.

I twirled around just as my phone rang and Nate told me he was waiting downstairs in a taxi. Emma gave me a calming hug.

"Relax and enjoy yourself!"

"I'm not sure I'll be able to relax but I'm sure that it will be an exciting evening," I told her.

"You've got Nate and you adore Zoe - go have fun!" she said and ushered me out.

When Nate and I exited the taxi, I got my first proper look at him. I knew he had been doing some last minute shopping with Alfie this afternoon and I was very happy with his outfit. He looked extremely handsome in a three-piece-suit with black jacket and grey vest. He had gotten new dress shoes as well.

"I can't believe that this is for Zoe, I remember when I met her about two years ago and she was like a scared little girl and look at her now. She's ruling the whole damn world: 6 million subscribers, a beauty range and a novel. Sometimes, she intimidates me," Nate told me.

I swooped my arm under his. "Me too, love. But you've got your own secret project in the works and that's going to be amazing too."

I had been so happy for him when he had told me the project that he was planning but as of now it was still in a too early stage to talk about publicly. None of his viewers knew either.

We walked in on a coral carpet and up a stairway. The halls were filled with glowing squares that said Zoella Beauty on them and I could felt so excited when I saw them. This was all so incredible.

The party started at seven but I had talked Nate into coming about ten minutes early. I hated being late for events and Nate didn't have the best track record with being on time.

You could feel that the party was just getting started but the feel of the place was amazing. It all had pink lighting and I was surprised to see that at the main room the entire celling was covered in floating balloons. There must have been over a thousand. I quickly went over to the table with the gift bags and Zoe's products. They all shared the same flowery smell and I fell in love with it instantly.