Chapter 10: Kisses and cuddles

"I can't believe it! My sister finally got some action and even with one of my YouTube crushes! Who're you going after next? My celebrity crush Harry Styles?" my sister teased.

I found it less amusing than she did. Frankly, she was embarrassing me but I suppose it was all right since we were alone in our flat.

"You know it's not the first time," I mumbled.

"Yeah, it is. The first time for real. The only other time was during the curious incident of your drunken night, which led to multiple indiscretions. I hardly think that counts as..."

"Wait," I interrupted her. "That wording - that's from my website. From the post on London night clubs that I did nearly a year ago. I didn't know that you read my it that far back. I'm pretty sure I didn't tell you about the site's existence before later..."

"Yeah, but I saw you sneaking around. Imagine my shock when I discovered you had had it up for over 6 month and never even told me. But enough with that, tell me about the kiss!"

"Kisses," I corrected her. 

"C'mon, Abbey. You're torturing me!"

"Fine," I gave in and spilled the beans. I told her about Nate's sister's café, the sunset in Hyde Park and of course the kisses. I didn't go into too much detail as I felt that belonged only to Nate and I. I also told her about afterwards when he had walked me home and kissed me goodbye at the front door, less than an hour ago. 

"Gosh, I'm so jealous! I date all the time and then you go out on your first date and it's amazing. So are you guys official? When is he going to tell his YouTube viewers? How are you going to deal with his traveling?"

"Hold on a second!" I exclaimed. "I'm not quite sure where we stand but one thing that I am sure of is that I don't want his viewers to know."

"Okay, but if you become steady, they'll eventually find out. You know I once read that YouTube is the wife and any girlfriend would be the mistress."

"Not what I need to hear right now, Em," I said softly.

"Right, I'm sorry. It's just that you just kissed one of the boys from the British crew, even the most popular one if you discount Jack and Finn. You know I have dated all of those boys in my mind. I did not focus so much on Jim, Marcus, Alfie and Caspar because all of them have steady girlfriends and the girls are so incredibly sweet." 

"Can you explain something to me? How can you get so invested in people, that you don't know, lives? You know more about their lives than our parents or our brother's! Doesn't that you strike you as odd?"

"I don't know how to explain it to you. I feel like they are my friends and that I only see online and they make videos to keep in contact with me. When they daily-vlog I feel like I am with them on their adventures. I know that I'm not but it feels that way anyhow."

"I think I get it, actually. It makes sense because they even regard you as a friend even though they have never met you," I said. I did understand but I still found it weird watching people that you didn't know and only saw an edited version of.

We continued talking long into the night about boys, YouTube, family and more. It had been long since we had had such deep conversations but I was beyond glad. I loved talking to Emma, she was my sister and best friend, even if we stayed up too late.

The next couple of weeks, I was in a bliss of happiness. I wrote with Nate every single day and saw him all the time. We met every other day, sometimes going out to public places that weren't to crowded or stayed in his flat. Only once had we met up at mine and Emma's but she could hardly contain her excitement. She tried really hard though but I saw how much she wanted to spend time with Nate and although I wanted to be alone with him, we hung out all the three of us. Him and Emma got along so well, laughing and talking the YouTube-lingo as I called it. I surprised myself by not being jealous at all over their budding friendship. It only pleased me. Emma was stunningly beautiful but I knew she would never ever be with Nate, no matter the circumstances. And I believed that either would Nate with Emma.