Chapter 31: Scary night at Tulleys Farm

This was a stupid idea. I had no idea why I had agreed to it in the first place. I hated horror movies and was the easiest person to make jump. I couldn't even watch when Joe played Outlast on his gaming channel even though I tried to watch all of the gangs' videos to show my support.

I had only agreed to go to them to Tulleys Farm because I tried to push myself to agree to more stuff and expand my horizon. I was in Zoe's car with Niomi, Gabby and Anna. Both Zoe and Niomi had gone the previous year with their boys who were in another car along with Nate, Jim, Caspar and Jonathan. Anna didn't seem faced at all either and only Gabby seemed a bit nervous.

I knew her reason might not be the scary adventure that awaited us though. She had gotten a lot of hate whenever she was in Zoe's videos and I got so angry when I found out. Thankfully, it was only a small proportion of people that left hurtful comments but somehow they seemed to overshadow all the positivity even though it shouldn't. People blamed her for using Zoe for increasing her own YouTube fame, which was ridiculous. Her and Zoe were friends and no one could dictate who you could or couldn't hang out with.

A few people felt that way about me too but Nate always tried to make sure to delete those comments before I got a chance to see them. I wasn't as terrified by the comment section anymore but I still was very cautious about looking at it.

"Are you alright, honey?" Anna asked me and pulled me out of my haze of thoughts.

I offered a smile. "Yeah, I'm just a bit frightened to be honest."

Niomi put her arm around me and gave me a sideway hug and Zoe briefly turned her head to give me a reassuring glance.

"You'll do fine. It's really fun," Niomi assured me.

"And you're in a group of eleven people. We'll protect you," Zoe added.

"I know," I said. "And I'm excited too. Just kind of frightened-excited."

I burst into laughter and so did the girls. It hadn't been more than a week since the Amity Fest photoshoot and I was happy that I didn't need to go too long without seeing the YouTubers. Luckily, their videos helped me stay up to date with them and with Amity Fest rehearsals; they had been a lot in London recently.

When we had arrived and Zoe had parked the car, we met up with the six boys and I instinctively went to give Nate a hug.

"Okay?" he asked and brushed his thumb over my cheek.

"Yes," I told him.

We started walking towards the entrance and it didn't take long for someone to recognise all the YouTubers. Suddenly a crowd of people asking for selfies and autographs surrounded us.

I got slightly claustrophobic at times and turned my face into Nate's shoulder and closed my eyes. Nate's hands gripped my waist. It wasn't that the girls were pushy or impolite but there was just so many of them.

"Nate, can I have a picture?" a voice right besides us asked.

"Not right now, sorry," Nate told her and I felt his grip on my waist tighten. I turned around and opened my eyes to see a teenage girl with big glistening eyes. She might never get to meet him in person again.

"No, take the photo," I told Nate and untangled us. Nate hesitantly let me go.

"I'm sorry, Abigail," the girl apologised and she truly looked sorry. A few girls behind her were watching me as well.

"That's alright," I said and did an awkward wave. "Have a photo with Nate," I said with a warm smile.

Nate and the girl got into selfie position and I glanced around as I spotted guys wearing security uniforms nearing us. All the YouTubers were busy taking photos and talking with their viewers.