Chapter 15: Going to Vidcon!

Nate had left yesterday to attend one of the biggest YouTube conventions. It was based in LA and he had been looking forward to meeting up with his American friends and see viewers he didn’t get to see very often.

He had been a bit down when he had to say goodbye to me but luckily as soon as he met up with his friends, he instantly felt better. It was amazing seeing the big group of friends interact and I sort of envied that they got along so well and had so much in common.

I never felt like I really fit in with groups. I loved being with my family, Nate and now started to spend time with Kristina but I never really had a group of people around me. Nate told me that to go travelling with a group would be good for me. I wasn’t sure. It sounded a bit frightening to go to a unknown place with people that I didn’t know very well-

I was sprawled across the couch in my and Emma’s flat, when she entered with the biggest grin I had ever seen her sport.

 She had been bummed about Vidcon as well; especially since some of her ten thousand subscribers had asked her if they could meet her there. Now it appeared that her mood had changed.

“Guess what?” she said beaming with happiness.

“You’ve found the love of your life?” I said jokingly. Emma always thought she had spotted the love of her life and promptly walked up to them to ask them out on a date. Afterwards she often found that it wasn’t in fact her soul mate and he was subsequently dumped. I always admired her courage to go up to any stranger and even ask them out. I wouldn’t have dared.

If Nate or YouTube headquarters hadn’t reached out to me first, I would never have met him and these last couple of months wouldn’t have been possible. The thought frightened me. I hadn’t dared to go up and ask him who he was when I saw him stopped in that park, I took the coward way out and took photos and asked my website instead.

“No,” Emma said, rolling her eyes excessively. “What would be the single most wonderful thing?”

Her expression could only mean one thing.

“Em, you didn’t! But we can’t afford that!”

She would have gotten tickets anyway. She had really wanted to go and she knew that I had a very good reason to wanting to attend it too.

“No, we can’t but we know someone who can and he was willing to sponsor a trip to visit our beloved brother, which we should do anyway!” Her voice was so high-pitched that it hurt my ears. Yet again our rich uncle had come to our rescue.

“We’re going to see Luke! That’s wonderful. Oh, I’ve missed him so much. We haven’t seen him since Christmas. And you’ll be able to go to Vidcon and meet your viewers!” I said.

“Yes, and you’ll get to see Nate. Don’t pretend you’re not excited for that. It’s all right to miss your boyfriend, Abbey. You always act like it a crime to do.”

“I don’t mean to but I don’t want to be so depended on him. I’ve spent so much time with him and when he’s away I’m just missing not having him around. And I do miss him!”

“No matter what, I say that you surprise him! He’ll be thrilled!”

I blushed a bit with the thought of surprising Nate. I personally hate surprises but if we switched places, I would only be mad for a second and then be über happy.

“Let’s pack then! We have to be at the airport in two hours!”

We both jumped up and started running around the flat.

Very tired but extremely excited we arrived in Anaheim. I had been snapchatting with Nate, one of the only other social medias I had given into. Emma loved SnapChat too and was thrilled that Nate had gotten me to accept using it. It had started when he went to New York for a few days.