• four •

unedited like everything else is lmaoo.
Anyways enjoy the slightly longer chapter since I work the next few days so I don't know how much time I'll have to write.
-
-
On this particular Thursday Jessica left work a little earlier than usual. She had finished what should could for the day, so when Auston texted her that he was almost there, she quickly packed her things. Steve was usually her ride to work, so she left certain things behind on her desk so she wasn't carrying around too much when her and Auston grabbed coffee.

"Good luck on your date," he emphasized the word date.

"You'd swear you were the one with the date, not me, from your level of enthusiasm," Jessica replied. "And it's not a date." she corrected him.

"It's a date," Steve smiled. He had enjoyed teasing her because in all his time of knowing her, she had never actually been on any dates. He hadn't known her a long time, maybe only two years, but likely closer to one and half. She started as an intern for Sportsnet in her final year of university. She'd be 22 this September.

"We never called it a date, just a coffee... thing. The word date was never used," Jessica smiled trying to prove her point. She was nervous to actually be going.

Steve sighed. "Look I know you don't get out much- let alone date-" before Jessica gave him a light push. "but this is a date."

"I've been on dates before. Back in university," she defended herself. "And I go out... sometimes... when I feel like it."

"Which is never," Steve joked. He laughed trying to relieve some of her stress. He could tell she had been a little off her game all day. "Hey- it's gonna go great." Steve pushed the button to call for the elevator.

"The last time I dated this guy, well I really fell for him, and then, well," she sighed. She could feel herself getting upset. "I really wanna enjoy myself, but putting myself out there is hard," she sighed and took a deep breath to avoid crying.

Steve pulled her into a hug. He didn't say anything but just let her collect herself in peace. When the elevator arrived, she waited for the people to exit. "Thanks Steve. You're a great friend."

"I know," he smiled. "I'm a better friend than you," he laughed teasing her. "Go have fun."

"I will," she smiled, stepping onto the elevator.

Once the doors closed she hit the ground floor button. She leaned against the wall, closing her eyes to breath. She didn't date because she was scared of actually enjoying someone else's company after Jake.

Jake. She thought about him one more time before clearing her mind. "You're going out with Auston, you're going to have fun because Auston is fun to be around. You can let yourself have fun for once." She whispered to herself- extremely thankful no one else was in the elevator.

Once she stepped out she noticed a familiar face standing just outside the building, trying to find a sign that actually had the address. She technically worked in the Rogers building, not a big Sportsnet building.

The colder March air was a stark contrast to the heated lobby of her building. Across the street was a coffee shop that Jessica swore by. It wasn't a Starbucks or a Tims, it was some local Coffee House. She enjoyed their drinks.