• fourteen •

a/n
Okay so I just wanna give a quick shoutout to a few users who's books i'm always reading, commenting on (not even sorry for the spam of comments i leave lmaoo) and voting on because these are some good authors so follow them or read their books trust me 👌🏻
carterhart70 -honour kappyk enderizzo

also sorry for the unedited mess that's below.

-
--
-
Jessica stepped out of her cab in front of the hotel that she would be staying in. The game was tomorrow night, so she had time to relax after her flight. Planes and her were not a good mix, she didn't even like the CN Tower because it was too tall; her and heights in general were not a good match.

The driver got her suitcase out of the trunk and she paid him, leaving him a tip for being really nice.

Jessica checked into her hotel room and immediately lied on the bed. It was far more comfortable than the cheap mattress she had at home. The bathroom had a massive bathtub that had its own jets; one of those really fancy and expensive tubs that resembled a miniature hot tub.

Jessica didn't bring a lot with her since she was only staying for a couple nights, but she made sure her Matthews jersey was packed for the game. Her laptop was also packed so she could write about whatever outcome game five would have; with the leafs down 3-1 in the series it was going to be a good game.

-

The TD Garden was bigger than she had expected as she entered the building. Her ticket wasn't rink side like the seats she had in Toronto, but we're still good.

She found her seat with the help of someone who worked in the arena, only to see a cluster of Leafs jerseys all in the same seating area. Many of them already in the seats were women, probably only a few years older than Jessica, but some looked a little older than that.

Then everything clicked for Jessica.

She was going to be seated with all of the WAGS, that's why the jean jackets they all wore were really familiar, she knew she had saw a photo somewhere of a group of women in those exact jackets.

Jessica started to panic a little as she sat down. She had bought a small bag of popcorn, but no longer felt like eating it. She fiddled with the edge of one of her sleeves as the warmups got under way.

"You a big fan of the Leafs?" Someone asked her as she tried to focus on something other than where she happened to be sitting.

In fact Jessica jumped a little when she heard the question.

"I didn't mean to startle you," The woman's tone was apologetic. "Sorry, I'm just happy I'm not stuck next to a Bruins fan tonight."

Jessica laughed and took in who she was sitting next too. They were likely the same age, except she was gorgeous, like all of the other wives and girlfriends. "I'm more of a diehard Jets fan."

The girl smiled and tilted her head slightly. "Why are you at the Leafs-Bruins game tonight if you're cheering for the Jets?"

"I'm from Toronto so I still cheer for the team when they aren't playing the Jets," Jessica laughed a little. It was a slightly awkward laugh. "I also write for Sportsnet and I'm covering this game for an article."