• eighteen •

a/n
i know where I want this book to go it's just a matter of getting there. I want to just be able to read this instead of write it 😂😂 but i feel that way about all my books tbhhh

also in this book i'm living for kinky auston, like so much 😂😂
-

The warmth from the sun streaming in Jessica's room surprised her the next morning. It was earlier than she normally woke up; she was confused why the spot next to her on her bed was still warm. Then she remembered.

Auston.

He must still be around if the spot next to her was warm.

She sat up and stretched feeling a bit better from yesterday, but still sore from where she had scraped her arm.

She opened her bedroom door to see that the bathroom was a little steamy. He must have showered then, Jessica concluded. She didn't mind, but his hair probably smelled like raspberries.

In the kitchen she could smell something, it didn't smell burnt but it also didn't smell all that great.

"Auston?" She poked her head into the kitchen to see the hockey player buttering a piece of toast that was slightly darker than it should be.

"Oh hey," he smiled. His hair was still damp as he turned to check on the bacon he was cooking. "I didn't wake you did I? I was hoping to cook you breakfast but it is a little over cooked."

Jessica smiled and couldn't help but laugh. "That's okay. It's the thought that counts."

She walked over to her fridge to get something to drink. Two cups were already placed on the counter. "You want orange juice?" She asked the boy as she grabbed the jug for herself.

"Sure," he hummed. She found it super adorable that he quietly hummed while he attempted to cook.

Auston plated some eggs and bacon on both plates and placed the toast down as well. Jessica reached for one of the plates before Auston stopped her. "No wait, this ones yours."

"Is there a difference?" she laughed while switching her plate with the one Auston had.

"Not really," he replied and the two walked out to Jessica's living room.

She snuck a peek at Auston's plate and noticed that his food looked a little more overdone than hers, especially his toast.

"Did you take all the burnt food?" She questioned him and sat beside him.

He chuckled but didn't respond.

"Aus, switch me plates, or toast or something," Jessica offered. She didn't want him eating only burnt food.

"It's fine, I don't mind eggs like this," he laughed and poked his eggs with his fork. He shoved a bite in his mouth and mumbled that it was great as he chewed.

Jessica rolled her eyes at the boy and went to eating her own food. "Thanks for breakfast," she mentioned after a couple minutes of eating. Both seemed to eat really fast and almost finished their plates.

"You're welcome," Auston replied. "I used your shower by the way."

"I figured as much, I can smell the raspberry shampoo from here," Jessica smiled.