• twenty •

what a mess of a chapter wow haha.
Well anyways enjoyyy

-
Jessica made an impulsive choice before she went home that afternoon as she walked but a used car dealership.

She had her full license, having earned it and learned how to drive in her parents car, but up until now hadn't had the money for a car.

She still didn't have the money but sidewalks didn't feel safe to her. Maybe she'd feel more comfortable driving and if that meant blowing her savings on a cheap used car then she could accept that.

She approached the dealership and looked around. One sales woman popped up beside her. "Any car you're interested in right now?"

"Something that's good on gas," Jessica replied. "I just need a car as soon as I can get one insured."

"Any reason you're in such a hurry?" the woman asked while walking to a near by car. "This is pretty good on gas, it's a newer model but runs great. My sister has this car and says it's great for getting her kids to and from hockey practice everyday."

"It's a little out of my price range," Jessica politely smiled. "I'm used to taking the TTC or walking everywhere, but recent events have made me too anxious."

The woman motioned for Jessica to follow her a little ways away. "Recent events? Sorry if I'm prying, we haven't been busy today and I'm bored out of my mind right now."

"It's okay, I don't mind," Jessica replied and adjusted her sleeves since the gauze was catching on the fabric. "I was walking down Yonge street and took a fall when the van came down the sidewalk- I landed pretty hard on my left side, I just don't feel safe walking anywhere so I decided to stop pushing off buying my car and to just do it."

The woman's face was sympathetic, mixed with a little pity for Jessica. "That was a terrible day- The monsters who live in this world with us-"

"I agree," Jessica knew the woman felt bad for her.

After a moment of silence between them the woman turned with a smile. "How about I knock down the price of that other car for you? I'll give it to you for the price of this car, which is an earlier model," she smiled wide.

"I can't ask you to do that-" Jessica hesitated.

"I want too- Really I do." she led Jessica inside. "I own this place with my husband so it's not a hassle for me to do this. Consider a good deed," she walked Jessica into an office to fill out paper work.

"Let me get some things sorted out, I'll be a few minutes before we can make this official- You have time if you'd like to buy insurance now," the woman offered and left the office space with some papers.

Jessica noticed a few business cards on the desk for insurance companies and called one.

As she was waiting on the phone she noticed the woman stopping to talk to a man- probably her husband. She looked happy and laughed at something he said.

It took the woman longer than Jessica expected for her to return. She had finished up with the insurance company and officially had insurance to drive off the lot with.

"Did you get insurance?" she sat across from Jessica.

"I did," she smiled. "Thank you again. This is super nice of you."