• thirteen •

-
In the playoffs momentum means absolutely nothing game-to-game. That was obvious when the Leafs lost game four at home. Jessica was watching the game with Steve, disappointed every time the Bruins scored.

"Could be worse," Jessica shrugged while drinking her beer.

"How could it be worse than being down 3-1?"

"You could be out entirely," Jessica pointed out. "They can still come back in this series."

Steve laughed. "Yeah I guess you're right. Your team is rolling over Minnesota right now, so you still have hope."

"Well the Leafs still have hope," Jessica motioned to the screen. "They just have to keep the Bergeron line off the score sheet."

"Don't utter that name in my house," Steve cringed. "This is a sacred place where that name is not welcome."

"Really Steve?" Jessica laughed with him for a minute before yawning. "Can I pass out in your guest room? The bus is gonna have a few too many drunks at this time."

Steve nodded. "Yeah you know where it is."

Jessica smiled and got up headed to the guest room.

She passed Sarah on her way there and stopped for a moment to talk before continuing on her way. Thankfully the guest bedroom was far away from where Steve film LFR so she wouldn't hear him yelling.

Jessica's head hit the pillow and she sighed. The Leafs had a tough series ahead of them now.

Sarah knocked on the door, "I have an extra shirt and pair of pyjama pants if you'd like Jessica."

Jessica got up with a smile, happy she wouldn't have to sleep in jeans. "Thank you Sarah. I'm so glad I don't have to sleep in jeans."

"You're welcome," She laughed and left Jessica to get changed. "Night." She called out from the end of the hallway.

Jessica changed and lied back down staring at the ceiling.

She hadn't seen Auston since he dropped her off, but they had been texting each other. She sighed and covered her face with an extra pillow, yelling into it for a few seconds. "Wow that actually muffled the sound really well." Jessica stared at the pillow before setting it back beside her.

There was a ding from her phone which was on the bedside table. She rolled over in the bed and reached for the phone. Part of her hoped it was Auston but she'd never admit that.

That Matthews Guy
Hey

Jess
Hey. Rough Game?

That Matthews Guy
That's one way of putting it.
We sucked.

Jess
Yeah, Steve and I were watching.
It wasn't a horrible game.

That Matthews Guy
Maybe we lost because my good luck
charm wasn't in the audience?

Jess
Hmm. Maybe. The team is 1-0 in
games I've been at.