• eleven •

two things: one i'm a lazy ass hoe, and two i work fast food and burned my hand real bad at work so like I actually have been inept and unable to do anything because i burned my right hand ahahhahahahaha fuck so my hand is a lot better and I started typing this today-

ALSO THAT GAME WHEN THEY WERE UP 4-1 I WAS LIKE 'NO THIS IS TOO FAMILIAR FRICK NO.' BUT THEN THEY WON SO IM HAPPY FOR NOW.

and i'm still lazy so this is unedited haha.

-
Jessica and her dad were led through the Air Canada Center down hallways he didn't think he'd ever be walking down.

"Jessica. How the hell are we going for dinner with Matthews?" her father asked again.

Jessica smiled at her dad. One of those smiles where she was sorry for not telling her father sooner. "It's a long story, can I tell you later? Up ahead are his parents." Jessica motioned to where his parents were standing.

"The dressing rooms- wow," her father was reading a sign that pointed down a different hallway.

Jessica thanked the guy for leading her down to the dressing rooms. She remembered him from when she interviewed the players. That felt like a lifetime ago, but it had only been a few weeks.

"Thanks again, the seats were amazing," she smiled.

The man stopped and greeted Auston's parents, before turning back to Jessica. "Thank Mitch and Auston, they really pushed for you and Steve to get tickets."

Jessica smiled and thought to herself, of course he did.

Jessica smiled awkwardly, his mom smiled back and held out a hand. "I'm Ema, you know Mitch and Auston?"

Jessica shook hands with Ema. "I interviewed them for Sportsnet with Steve- You met him earlier tonight."

"Oh we love Steve. He's so funny," she laughed.

"But he did thank us for our son, which was a little weird," Auston's dad laughed and held out his hand for Jessica to shake. "I'm Brian."

"It's nice to meet you both," Jessica felt at ease. Auston's parents were really nice. "and Steve is a little unconventional... but he's filled with good intentions," Jessica quietly laughed. "I'm not surprised he said what he said."

Ema and Brian exchanged pleasantries with Jessica's dad while everyone made small talk waiting for Auston. Though Auston's parents didn't realize they were all waiting for the same person.

"JESSICA!" A familiar voice yelled, he ran over and hugged her. "How's my favourite reporter?" Mitch asked her.

Jessica stumbled a little, surprised by the hug, "I'm good. Good win tonight," she complimented the team.

"Well your boyf-" He started, by was abruptly stopped by Jessica pinching his side. "I didn't score, which sucks but we still won!"

"You got two points," Jessica pointed out. "Really, you guys played your best game, which is good because I would have been pissed if you'd lost."

Mitch laughed and stepped back, giving a wave to Auston's parents and smiling at Jessica's dad. "Hey I'm Mitch," he smiled.