The Awakening

Chapter 1: The Awakening

Yo..

What to expect from this story: It is a story totally different from Cannon, and falls under the angst/romance genre. So, it will stay in that genre, so don't expect a light hearted story. It will be very dark Anbu fic that will explore the brutalities of the ninja world.

Drawbacks: The grammar is not up to the mark for the first 3-4 chapters, though I have improved later on. There is a mob scene in the 1st chapter, along with some bashing of Sasuke/Sakura/and Ino in only 1 chapter. If it's any consolation, these cliches do have an impact on Naruto's character, the plot, and the mentioned characters in the story.

Now, Those who are still willing to read something new in the Anbu fics category, you are most welcome. If you are patient enough, you might enjoy this story very much.

Now, since the bridge of honestly has been established between us...

Enjoy the chapter...

Chapter 1:The Awakening.

The village hidden in the leaves, the first village of the shinobi world. The leaf village is considered to be the strongest village among all the other villages. Many legends and heroes have been born in this village. The leaf village was known for its compassion and teamwork and considered its citizens and shinobi as equal and made no discrimination. However that was not the case for a 5-year old boy.

This boy was none other than Naruto Uzumaki. The boy was the Jinchuriki of the Nine tail fox that attacked Konoha few years ago. The Kyubi attack had severely harmed Konoha ,countless shinobi had died sacrificing their lives in protecting the village. There were also many civilian casualties and destruction of the village and its properties. In the end,through a valiant and self-sacrificing ritual the Yondaime Hokage, Minato Namikaze was able to restrain the fox and seal it into a new born child. The Fourth Hokage is still considered the biggest hero of the Hidden Leaf and had wished for Naruto to be seen as a hero that saved the village, Unfortunately his wish was not fulfilled.

This leads us to the present where a 5-year old Naruto was being mercilessly beaten by a mob of people consisting of many shinobi and civilians. He had bruises all over his body, some of his bones were broken but the worst part was that he was still conscious and could feel each blow being dealt on his body and many painful words like,

"DIE DEMON"

"That is for my father."

"Monster"

"Scum"

"Bastard Fox"

And many more words were being spoken by the people.

"Why do you hate me? What I have I ever done to you?" asked Naruto meekly while sobbing

"You dare ask what you have done you monster, now I will show you what you have done." yelled one shinobi and started performing hand seals.

"Magen: Narakumi no Jutsu(Demonic Illusion:Hell Viewing Technique)"

Naruto slowly felt himself surrounded in a swirl of leaves and after a moment he was faced with the worst nightmare of his life. He was standing in a clearing field where a fierce battle was going on between many shinobi and a giant nine tailed fox. Naruto had many nightmares of this fox since his early childhood and had always been terrified of it. The fox was killing people everywhere, people were dying, many body parts were littered all over the place, screams of the injured, fearful cries of the civilians, smell of blood all over the place and the malicious aura of the fox all over the place. All in all it was a nightmare.