Chapter 10/ Broken Crest

Chapter 10: Broken Crest.

Blue life stared into Red eyes without blinking for a second. Many emotions could be seen in the respective eyes. One reflected feelings of guilt and sorrow while the other reflected feelings of betrayal, hurt and sadness.

Naruto looked at Kurenai's face, he could see how hurt she was. It broke his heart, he did not blame Kurenai for behaving like this, she had every right to be like this.

He was her student, best friend, both of them shared a deep bond of love between them and he had hidden a major part of his identity from her. Naruto knew that Kurenai was fiercely loyal to the village and to her precious people and she did not like when someone lied to her.

Kurenai's heart was broken and she grabbed Naruto's collar more roughly and brought him more closer to her face, with only mere inches from her lips.

If it was some other moment Naruto would never avert his gaze from her beautiful face and lips. But right now he couldn't look in her eyes.

"Naruto, I need answers NOW!" demanded Kurenai again and leaked little KI.

To her surprise Naruto just gave a nod, she expected him to be angry at her for behaving like this in front of the rest of the team but he just didn't show any emotions.

"I will answer every question of every one of you. But Please just ask them one at a time." requested Naruto quietly

Sasuke knew he had to step in and help Naruto out, so he stepped up and gently remove Kurenai's hands from Naruto's collar. She gave him a harsh glare but he didn't flinch at all.

"Leave his collar. He won't be able to answer if you keep strangling him." said Sasuke sternly and stared at Kurenai with his sharingan.

Kurenai removed her hands roughly and stepped a few meters back but continued to give a stern gaze to Naruto. Sakura saw Naruto's hurt face, even though she felt a little sad that Naruto had hidden some things from her, but she knew she had to be rational and at least give him some support to explain himself.

"Naruto-kun, how do you have the sharingan?" asked Sakura in a kind voice.

"Because I am an Uchiha." said Naruto honestly

"But how can this be possible? There were no other survivors after that incident with the Uchiha clan, you were an Uzumaki before Kakashi adopted you. I just don't understand." said Anko confusedly

"Yes you are right, I had the Uzumaki name before Kakashi-nisan adopted me, even he and I didn't know that I was an Uchiha before that incident." said Naruto sadly as he remembered his first kill.

"What incident?" asked Kurenai seriously. She was now in more control of her anger and wanted to hear Naruto's reasons. A small part of her heart felt very sad when she saw Naruto was so sad.

"I was 6 years old and was training in a field when I was attacked."said Naruto silently

All the members of the team were quite shocked to hear this, who would want to attack a child? Sasuke and Sakura were shocked on hearing this, Sasuke wondered how hard was Naruto's life and Sakura was feeling very sad for her best friend.

Anko and Kurenai looked at each other, they knew why he would have been attacked, both of their anger reduced a little, they could now understand that his life had been hard and as such should listen to him.

Surprisingly Kurenai stepped forward and put a hand on Naruto's shoulder gently.

"What happened? Who were those attackers?" asked Kurenai softly.