Chapter 12/ First blood

Chapter 12 : First Blood.

In a small room sat 4 figures in a full circle. One thing which all of these people had in common was that they looked similar to each other, if one could say they looked like clones of each other. Their lavender eyes also made them look almost the same.

Hiashi Hyuga was sitting in the middle, his face was stoic as usual. Right now he was sitting in a very important meeting with the elders of the Hyuga clan.

"Hiashi, has the plan been put into motion?" asked Hibachi seriously. The man looked like the older version of Hiashi.

"Yes, Tou-san, it is done." said Hiashi impassively

"The Hyuga clan have chosen their heiress Hiashi-sama, we want that weakling removed as the possible heir of the clan." said another elder angrily

"Yes, Hinata brings shame to our clan, she is weak and pathetic. We would become the laughing stock of the entire village if she is made the clan heiress, the girl can't even beat her little sister in a spar. We want you to name Hanabi as the clan heiress and make Hinata a branch family member and give her the cursed seal." commanded Hibachi firmly

"Yes, that is why I strongly requested the Hokage to let her go on a B-rank mission with team 7. The Hyuga clan is the strongest clan of this village. I told the Hokage that we needed to see Hinata's skills in a mission to decide the future leader of our clan. Naturally, the Hokage agreed and accepted my request." explained Hiashi briefly

"But what would happen if she dies on that mission?" asked another elder curiously

"The Hokage has assured me that she wouldn't die. He has a lot of faith in that boy and his team and if she dies on a mere B-rank then she doesn't deserve to be a Hyuga." spat Hiashi distastefully

In truth he was disappointed with his elder daughter, he had so many hopes from her. The Hyuga clan followed tradition to the code and were always firm in their beliefs, yet Hiashi's own flesh and blood couldn't speak properly. She couldn't even beat her 9 year old sister in a spar, she had a crush on the Jinchuriki, her skills were weak. Hiashi wondered how did he end up with a daughter like Hinata?

But he was relieved when his younger daughter fulfilled all his expectations that Hinata couldn't. Hanabi was a genius, she was the star of Hiashi's eyes, she was strong, confident and firmly believed in Hiashi's and the Hyuga clan's ideals and traditions.

Hiashi wished to make Hanabi the heir to his clan but their tradition was getting in the way. The eldest child of the clan leader always ended up as the next leader while the younger ones would be made branch family members. It had happened with him and his brother.

Thinking of his brother shot a wave of guilt in Hiashi's heart. He didn't want that to happen with Hanabi. She deserved much more than Hinata.

As a result he had found a way, if the elder child is proved to be incompetent to lead the clan, then in that case the younger sibling could lead the clan in his place.

Hiashi had explained this situation to Hiruzen and the Hokage had agreed as he couldn't deny it as it was matters pertaining to the Hyuga clan. However Hiruzen had made him take full responsibility of Hinata and the consequences of the mission on her and her life. Hiashi had readily signed the agreement.

However he did believe that Hinata would survive. He was disappointed in her but that didn't mean he wished her dead. He was his father, he tried to act tough as he was a leader but he still cared for his child.

"Hinata, please come back alive." prayed Hiashi

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX