Chapter 18/ Danzos Counter Attack

Yo, how's it going..

I happily bring another chapter of this story for my precious readers. I'm very happy that almost all of you are able to understand the story and its concepts. I am getting very good response from you guys. Thanks, I really appreciate that.

I know chapters are short but they are entertaining and I am providing updates speedily, so don't worry I won't leave you guys at a cliffhanger (Just kidding, I'll definitely leave you at a cliffhanger, evil laugh XD!)

Many of you are making predictions regarding Rei and I'm very intrigued by some of your thoughts.

Now without much waiting I present to you a very important chapter of this story.

Enjoy...

Chapter 18

Danzo's Counter Attack.

The ground shook violently as the shape of Naruto's Susanoo started to change. It started to grow very large in size, its skeleton structure solidified and was now covered in armor.

Its head was also covered by a shining black armor, and the sharingan looking eyes of the Susanoo flashed dangerously.

Naruto was barely able to suppress the scream in his throat. The curse seal was destroying him from the inside, he had to use Kurama's chakra for his Susanoo, but the pain was unbearable. It was as if he was being burned alive.

Sai sensed Naruto's pain, he also saw the Anbu rushing towards them.

"It will take him a few more moments, to complete his Jutsu." thought Sai seriously

"Sumi Bunshin No Jutsu (Ink Shadow Clone)"

Sai immediately created 10 identical ink clones who were ready to fight with the enemy.

"Everyone, engage the enemy and hold them off, as long as possible." commanded Sai strictly

All the ink clones silently nodded, they unsheathed their Tanto, and charged towards the enemy.

"Defensive Formation." yelled one of Sai's ink clones.

All the clones knew that fighting head on with such a huge force was suicide, as a result they were trying their best to stall the enemy, and give Naruto some time.

"Doton Doryuuheki (Earth Release: Mud Wall Jutsu)"

All the clones formed a large mud wall in order to stop the advancing enemy forces.

The clones then immediately took out something from their pouches, and attached it to their bodies.

The mud wall was shattered to pieces in a few seconds and several Anbu jumped at the ink clones with a murderous KI.

"Katsu"

The original Sai immediately performed the ram seal and detonated his ink clones. The ink clones had attached explosive tags on their bodies on Sai's command.

The impact was instantaneous, the clones were blown to pieces along with several of the Root Anbu. Many Root Anbu were badly injured, again dust covered the entire corridor.

Sai could feel the Root forces had stopped, they must be checking for any further traps, and their injured.

Sai heard a thud behind him, and when he looked back his eyes widened in shock.

Naruto was lying flat on the ground, there was a pool of blood all around him, and Sai knew that it must be Naruto's own blood. His entire body was covered in black marks.