Chapter 9/ Team.

Chapter 9: Team.

A lone figure could be seen standing in front of the famous memorial stone of Konoha. It was early in the morning and the sun had just started rising up marking the beginning of a new day.

However it was just another day for the famous Kakashi Hatake.

Kakashi was one of the most skilled shinobi of the leaf village. He was genin by 6, chunin by 8 and a jounin by the age of 13. He was the youngest Anbu captain in the blackops forces of Konoha after Itachi Uchiha. He was famous in the entire world as the Hero of the Sharingan and the man who mastered a 1000 jutsu. He was said to be invincible.

Many would give everything they have to achieve such honorable feats, but for Kakashi this meant nothing.

He considered his life nothing but a failure and always blamed himself for the mistakes he made in the past. He blamed himself for the death of his father, he blamed himself for his best friend Obito's untimely death, he never forgave himself for letting his other best friend Rin die and finally he felt guilty for not being able to save his sensei Minato Namikaze.

He always considered himself trash for being unable to save those precious to him. What good were his skills and intelligence when the people he loved died in front of his eyes and he could do nothing.

The only thing Kakashi considered he had done good in his life was adopting Naruto and raising him. The boy was the closest thing Kakashi had as a family. Naruto was the best brother he could have wished for, no matter what happened and how lazy or boring Kakashi was, Naruto always stood by his side. He brought joy to Kakashi's life.

The boy did everything which Kakashi had asked him to do, he was a true prodigy even greater than his own father the Fourth Hokage, Minato Namikaze. Kakashi doubted that even Minato was so powerful at Naruto's age.

Naruto was a master in Ninjutsu, he had learned and perfected every jutsu which Kakashi had taught him. The speed at which he learned was astonishing, the boy had even learned Kakashi's prized technique, the Chidori in two days.

Kakashi could still remember that day.

(Flashback)

Kakashi and Naruto were standing in the forest of death. Naruto had matured greatly and Kakashi felt it was time for him to give Naruto a gift. He had thought about teaching Naruto the Rasengan, as it was Naruto's birth right but had dismissed that idea because he wanted Jiraya to teach him that jutsu as his godfather.

Thinking of Jiraya, Kakashi felt his anger escalate a little. The man was supposed to be Naruto's godfather, yet the man had never even visited Naruto even once in his life, nor had he even written a letter to Naruto saying that he was alive and was his godfather. That would have atleast made the boy happy that he had someone there for him.

"So Nisan, what are you going to teach me today?" asked Naruto curiously

"I am going to teach you my Chidori." said Kakashi with a smile

"About damn time." said Naruto a little happily. Kakashi had been delaying teaching him the chidori for months saying that he was not mature enough. Naruto had kept his promise and had tried to teach Kakashi his Yami No Sekai No jutsu( World of Darkness), but Kakashi was unsuccessful in learning it.

The reason was first of all it required a lot of stamina, which only someone of the Uchiha clan could have. And Kakashi's sharingan was not his own as a result it was already taking a lot of chakra to keep the sharingan active and any more strain on his eyes could be harmful. So Kakashi did not learn that genjutsu but he was indeed thankful to Naruto for trying to teach him.