Prologue

Every year in our village and those around us we encounter, on what is suppose to be the most divine and celebrated day of the year, a visit from the 'big bad wolf'

Every year in our village and those around us we encounter, on what is suppose to be the most divine and celebrated day of the year, a visit from the 'big bad wolf'. At least that's what the children call him. He's the main source of nightmare for some children. He's a tool used to frighten children into being good. Adults like to call him "inhuman" or describe him as a "wild ravenous monster". However, the majority settle for "beast". No one knows why he ruins this specific day for us, the day we can celebrate our species: werewolves. Some despise him for taking this day from us and forcefully exchanging our happiness and joyful laughs to screams of fear and feelings of terror. When that specific day of the year approaches us, none of us are ever fully prepared for it. He always comes at night.

We are told to lock our windows, draw our curtains and lock our doors. We are told to hide. And remember, we're not a species who likes to cower, we are not weak. 

There's one main rule that we have: don't look at him.

Because if you do, no one knows what'll happen to you. Maybe that's the worse part, not knowing your fate. Not knowing the outcome of your foolish actions.

If he comes roaming your streets, you have a right to be scared.

Us "maidens" are always encouraged to hide ourselves the most, it's women that he supposedly wants more. However, I believe that that is a cautionary excuse. He'll take you, no matter how old or how young, no matter how innocent or how corrupt, no matter your gender, all it takes is a look. Either he looks at you, or you look at him, or you both exchange looks. Either way, his senses will pick you up, and you can't hide. It'll be too late.