Chapter 21

I heard Papa's heavy steps before I saw him

I heard Papa's heavy steps before I saw him. Before I could encourage the horse to move, he had held it's muzzle and was stroking its forehead. "You can't go Katerina. You need to calm down and think things through properly. You can't be made at your mother."

"You don't understand Papa. All these years I've hated myself and I had never known why I am the way I am." I wanted to also tell him that I was apparently apart of their sist hood. But I couldn't. 

"Katerina, you know that your mother and I are deeply sorry for the pain this has caused you. But you were the one who didn't tell us. So how could we have helped you? We made no mistake. I would do it again if it meant I could have such a wonderful daughter. So please stay."I nodded as I got off the horse and followed him home. I had agreed to stay for a while before going back.

A few hours later, I found myself in the embrace of my Aunt, Esmerelda. "I am so glad that you are safe now Katherine. But I heard that you want to go back. Is this true?" She asked me. 

"It is Aunt. I think I want to go back to Xavier. You know, he actually reminds me of you. He doesn't understand his true beauty. There are some parts of him that I really like."

"Like what?" She questioned. 

I thought for a second, "Like his patience. I expected him to become upset and mad whilst I...explored my relationship with someone else. At first I thought he didn't care because he should have been more possessive than a normal wolf. But then I realised that he didn't want to scare me. The he distanced himself from me because he wanted me to find my way to him. He didn't want to force anything. In a way he has respected me."

"He does sound...nice. Tell me more." She encouraged. 

"Well, I admire how much he cares about his people. I've seen him look at them with a loving and caring look. I've seen the late nights where he's up working and filling out paper work. You'd never expect him too. And I've also seen how he doesn't understand his worth. But I think I do. And I love his lycan."

"It seems like you love him." She giggled suggestively. 

"No, I don't. I like him but I don't love him. I love his lycan though."

"I've never heard that before." She pondered. "You might love him later."

"Yeah, I might."

That night, I stayed  in my room. I attempted to sleep, but no sleep visited me that night. I looked at my bed stand to see my favourite book. The one I read the night I was taken...willingly. I hugged it for awhile for some odd reason. Then I placed it back on the drawer. That was when I noticed that a small rectangular piece of paper had fallen out from the book. I read it:

To save your people

Kill the beast

The prophecy reads: