Chapter 18

WARNING - IT GETS REALLY GRAPHIC AND VIOLENT

{READ AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!}

We circled each other for a while as we thought of tactics

We circled each other for a while as we thought of tactics. The atmosphere was tense and the air was crackling with the energy between Leo and I. Thousands of pairs of eyes stared at the both of us. Unexpectedly to him, I lunged forwards before kicking my legs towards his throat. I ended up crushing his larynx with my hind legs. He then lurched backwards; coughing up blood. Yet, when I made my next move, his reflexes saved him. He took this opportunity and jabbed his fists into my back, forcing me on my knees. I twisted and turned rapidly. With a grunt I got up. He ducked beneath my arms as I swung at him. He struck my cheek forcing my head to swing to the side. I stumbled back and he took full advantage of this. With his eyes blazing his punches landed hit after hit to my gut, my chest and finally my head. The air vibrated with my growls as I distanced myself from him.

"You may shift!" Xavier's words rang in the heavy air.

How quickly did the ten minutes pass? It was time. It was time to show them who I really am. The real me. The monster that I had hidden since I got my wolf. The monster in me that had brought so much hardships. There would be no going back. People will now know me for what I really am. Xavier can understand how I'm his equal. And maybe I wouldn't have to hide my true self anymore. But even I knew I couldn't kid myself. This would only increase my hatred for myself more. There may be a period where I might lose control but I have to hope that Xavier stops anything from happening. Before I attack innocent people. 

For the moment, Leo's breathing and heart rate was regular. Yet, my breath hitched and I began to spasm. With my primal instincts taking over, my wolf surged forward until it broke the surface. My bones cracked and reformed, my skin morphed around my body. I screamed as my bones broke and broke again. I groaned as my organs hardened and changed shape. I wanted to scream when my skull altered along with the rest of my bones. I wanted it all to stop when my all my cells died and regenerated over. My DNA was changing, the coils in my cells tightening. My cells were now different, adapted for other things. The hair on my body sprouted out and my canines grew uncontrollably. My snout formed and so did my sharp ears. I nearly cried at the intense sound and smell. If possible my eye sight also increased and sharpened, the muscle behind them tightening and strengthening. Finally the transformation was over. I pressed my paws further into the ground and stretched as far as I could to show my length and to intimidate all those around me. I stood straight with my back jutted out to emphasise my height. My wolf growled and showed her beautiful white teeth to everyone. 

Leo surveyed me as I shifted and his eyes widened as he saw me for what I really was. My wolf howled as it was free. It had been let free for the first time in years. I tried to hide her. I tried so hard. Yet all the anger had mounted on one another and it became much too overwhelming. Leo still hadn't shifted, he had stood there looking at me with shock evident on his face. So, I, like a worthy opponent waited patiently for him to transform into his puny wolf.