Bonus chapter

"We are all here today to celebrate Katherine Romanov becoming the Queen of the Wolves, alongside her mate Xavier Romanov

"We are all here today to celebrate Katherine Romanov becoming the Queen of the Wolves, alongside her mate Xavier Romanov." I was at my coronation, sitting on a throne with Xavier sitting right next to me, with his hand in mine.

"Is there anyone who would like to make a remark about this before I continue the ceremony?"

"I would." Beta Nikos declared. He had better not ruin my day. Ever since he thought I killed Xavier, he's been more vigilant and not as welcoming to me, even though Xavier explained the magic and the drugs he gave me to him. Today had started off so well, not as good as my mating ceremony or my marriage. I insisted on marrying. The idea seemed so tempting and beautiful. It was a custom which I enjoyed. Now I was officially becoming Queen, I knew nothing would change. I had already been acting like one: giving my input, making sure the pack members were safe, solving any problems and helping my people. Now, Nikos might ruin my day. 

"Katherine has led us through hard times and she has made us into a stronger species where we are all equal, where we all have the same opportunities and where we can all thrive."

He took a deep breath and the following sentence was the most truthful one I had ever heard, "I know I was the last person you wanted to deliver this speech because I've been acting so cold towards you recently. Its only because I care for Xavier as much as you do. But you are still my Luna, well you will be, and contrary to what you believe, I do like you and respect you...but you should know that you didn't have to be Luna or a Queen to be apart of our hearts. And I know that you have struggled because you had perceived yourself to be an outcast. We all understand you and it's great that you embrace being different. That's a great thing you've taught as all. Thank you."

I clapped as I smiled. 'Thank you' I mouthed.

Things couldn't have been better

Things couldn't have been better. Well, until I discovered that I was pregnant. That was amazing.

But throughout the next few years, it was really a journey of self-discovery. I could move certain things when I was very angry, like slamming the doors shut or throwing objects around. I had yet to discover the full range of my abilities.

It's surprising how Xavier put up with me. His scars didn't just disappear over night. Over a while, he saw good things in himself, and one by one they disappeared. A few still remain but they'll vanish in no time, once he sees how good of a person and lycan he is.

I gradually fell in love with him, but between you and I, I loved him even before I knew it, and the moon goddess no longer blocked our bond. We acknowledged that we were mates and I honestly couldn't be more happier. My mate was beautiful inside and out. His luxurious dark hair, his lively green eyes, plump lips, prominent muscles and chiselled abs were a sight to see.

My mark had disappeared and I had felt free.