Chapter 27

"Is everyone ready?" I asked as I looked out at the dark night sky

"Is everyone ready?" I asked as I looked out at the dark night sky. A few stars shimmered against the dark canvas.

"Okay, the five werewolves with me, ride on the first five dragons and prepare to leave from the east end." As I got onto the dragon as well, I let my hands trail across the different colours and patterns. It was soft, not slimy but slippery. I would really have to hold on.

Then we took off. The dragon I rode on spread its wings before flapping them. Slowly, we rose higher and higher, as the dragon's wings displaced more air. Finally, we were soaring through the sky, and it effortlessly glided from time to time. Th dragon would expertly fly at different angles.

When we got near the castle, the dragons gradually moved lower to the ground, to hide themselves.We landed at a safe distance from the castle in no time. With other dragons following   us in the same suit. The five werewolves got off and I nodded at the dragons as if to confirm their positions. I fixed my weapons and then ordered: "Let's go." 

We cautiously walked through the vegetation until we got to the tall walls. I gave another nod. We used our claws to help us climb the walls. It took awhile but we made it. Thankfully, we were now directly behind one of the hospital wards and luckily a window was open. We all climbed through and before we entered the north building I signalled for two wolves to stay there in the corridor. Then we made it towards the library and I signalled for the other two to stay there. I should have felt safe as they were protecting all access to the library but I wasn't.

So as I quietly opened the two large mahogany doors, I focused and was surprised to hear the  sound of a heart beat. A person was in the library.

I crouched down low and moved towards the heart beat. My breathing quickened and I hid behind the shelves. I heard shuffling and the turning of pages. I looked through any gaps in the shelves and suddenly, the book right in front of me was pulled out. I ducked as rapidly as I could. The other werewolf with me was staring at me intently. I dragged myself across the floor to the end of the book shelf and then abruptly I started running and threw myself on the dark figure. But it spun around can caught me my the waist.

"X-Xavier." I whispered, my head turning to the side. What he did next surprised me. He embraced me, smelling my scent. How had I missed his? It was so powerful and consuming? Maybe it was the perks of the moon goddess interfering with our mate bond.

Finally, he tore away from me but he started scolding me."Why are you here? Its not safe."

"I'm looking for the anchor. We'll talk later. Find a book, it looks like it has survived fires, fairly small, dark and brown, it's about the daste witches and ..."

"And it's in my hands."

We turned around and saw one of the witches holding the book in her hands and dramatically closing it shut.