Chapter 14

As I told him everything, Xavier began to grow more colder towards me

As I told him everything, Xavier began to grow more colder towards me. It seemed like the more information I gave showed the more I knew and hence he grew more wary of me. I tried to tell him I didn't owe it to him to have told him and that he was acting irrationally, but he didn't listen.  After telling him everything and after a heated discussion, things became more violent. 

"Why did you not tell me earlier?" He roared. We had scrapped speaking through the bond as soon as things got physical.  He held me by the neck and yet tingles spread through his touch, rippling across my skin. As he squeezed, I became angry instead of light-headed. I became irritated at how he thought he could control me.

"Katherine! Calm down!" My wolf insisted. "He is our mate. Don't shift!"

Oh how I hate him! "Oh you do, don't you?" His voice entered my mind. "But you still trust me? The bond is not yet broken. Let's see how long it would take to break it."

I reached for his throat and tightened my grip on it. I pushed my nails into his skin. "Look, the little one is fighting back." He sneered. I'm not even little. I'm 5'10. He's just abnormally taller. He's a lycan for Moon Goddess' sake. My heart beat erratically, as my blood boiled and hissed. He slammed my back against the wall and held me down. He then placed new cuffs on me. I was grinding my teeth to the point that it hurt. My jaw ached to bite into flesh. 

"You will stay here, until I know what to do with you." He declared and he turned around to leave.

"Katherine, stop! Don't shift!" My wolf pleaded. 

"Fine." I growled as I pushed forward, ripping the chains that connected my hands to the wall, leaving just the shackles as I pounced on him. My nails, already having been retracted, dug into his back like daggers.

"You always underestimate me. You and I are both monsters." 

He grunted in return as he  turned over, his weight pinning me to the stone floor. I groaned at his weight. He turned over in a split second, and before I could do anything my hands were pinned above me as I struggled against him. A kick to his stomach sent him curling for a second or two before he held me down even tighter than before. I kicked him harshly and got up. He followed in suit. After a series of attacks and counter- attacks, a bullet rang through the air. As we began moving from one corner of the dungeon to another, due to our super heightened senses and so we both heard the bullet as soon as it left the barrel. It was seemingly aimed at where Xavier was a second ago before I swapped places with him as we circled one another. Just as the bullet drew closer, in those few milli-seconds, a shocking thing happened. Xavier took the bullet for me. He pushed me and fell on top of me.

He fell on to me and he began laughing hysterically. I was beneath him, too stunned to move. Then when I regained my senses, I lifted him up by supporting his neck. Then his head slumped back and his heart beat slowed.