chapter 5

The great hall was a beautiful sight. The ceiling was always Scarlett's favourite. The floating candles and the spell cast to show the night sky was magical in her opinion.

She sat at the Slytherin table with her back straight and a smirk plastered on her face as the other members of her house entered the hall. The teachers were trying on to laugh at the Slytherin students.

Scarlett's gaze caught dumbledore's as she looked around. He smiled at her and gave her a thumbs up. This caused many of the student to laugh. Scarlett herself even smiled which was a very rare occurrence.

*****************

This caught Harry's attention. He loved her smile. It made her even more beautiful in his opinion. He was leaning on the table gazing at her. Harry watched her smile as she watched some of the teachers try to break Scarlett's spell.

Everyone knew it was hopeless. Nobody could break her spells. She was one of the most powerful witches in the school. The only way to break the spell was for Scarlett herself to cast the counter- curse.

Harry failed to notice Hermione calling his name. He way to captured by his long time crush to notice.

Annoyed by harry not answering her, Hermione followed Harry's gaze. When she saw that he was looking at Scarlett she was shocked.

She looked back at harry to see him making puppy dog eyes.

" Oh my god HARRY" she whispered loudly.

This seemed to break harry out of his little trance. He turned his head to look at Hermione. " what" he said defensively.

"I can't believe this, you like Scarlett green, really harry"Hermione stated annoyed.

"W-what no I don't who told you that"

"Harry you do realise you were practically stalking her a few seconds ago right. It doesn't take a genius to figure it out" answered Hermione like it was obvious.

Harry signed loudly at her response.

"Yeah mate I thought you were going to stop that this year " teased Ron.

"You knew" Hermione asked with a tone of disbelief. "What a minute what do you mean this year".

" Hermione can we please drop this" harry pleaded. He found the whole situation embarrassing.

" not until you answer me" Hermione stated.

"Fine"harry sighed. He put his head in his eyed and said" I likedhersincefirst- year". It came out muffled due to his face in his hands.

"Sorry can you repeat that" asked Hermione.

Harry let out a groan before facing her and whispered so that she could hear him clearly "I liked her since first year"

"What " she asked loudly. This caused a few people to look in their direction.

"Hermione please drop it" harry begged.

"Fine I will" she said. "But don't think we aren't talking about this later".

**********

After the sorting was done it was time for dumbledore's start of year speech.
He was interrupted by a ministry woman wearing all pink. Her face reminded Scarlett of a constipated toad.

She was saying how happy she was to see all their happy and smiling faces. Yet when Scarlett looked around nobody was smiling.

She was going to be the new defense against the dark arts teacher and stated that the ministry wanted to change the education system at Hogwarts.

In Scarlett's opinion the woman was full of shit.