chapter 29

"I'm fine Harry , now fuck off" groaned Scarlett. She leaned against the door for support. Her dear friend boy wonder has been pestering her for the last two days after talking to Sirius black , Scarlett's idol.

"Fine then I'll just tell you about my day" harry relaxed against the opposite side of the door. He could her his crush groan loudly and smiled. " I woke up from Ron's snoring then went down stairs for breakfast. I had eggs by the way. Then I walked upstairs and put toothpaste on my toothpaste. It was mint flavoured. Then I put it in my mouth and moved it around a-".

Scarlett pulled the door open and glared at him." I don't need to listen to your biography or what you put in your mouth. Stop saying things that I can make a dirty joke about". Harry looked up at her smiling in success. "At least you opened the door".

Scarlett looked at him for a second before opening the door wider

Scarlett looked at him for a second before opening the door wider. A silent invitation. Harry scrambled to get up and walked in.

Just as Scarlett moved to close the door they heard Sirius yell from the top of the stairs.

"DOOR STAYS OPEN. DON'T BRING HOME NO BABIES HARRY".

"NO PROBLEM SIRI" Scarlett yelled down at him causing  him to mumble something about hating something called google.

She turned back to harry and crossed her arms."so what do you want to talk about". She sat on the bed beside him and leaned against the headboard.

"I-i didn't plan that far ahead actually"

"Well we have my disowned from the family topic , prank planning or the fact that I have to go back to Hogwarts to a house full of purebloods that know what happened. When would you like to start" she sassed at harry. The boy looked at her like a kicked puppy.

"Stop doing that" harry said firmly.

"Doing what harry , what am I doing" Scarlett countered.

"You don't have to be so defensive , we're friends , I'm trying to help"

"We you can't so stop trying"

"Never" harry answered immediately. "Your my friend and I you want to talk then talk. If not then we can do something else"

"Like what , dye my hair green" mocked Scarlett.

"Well if of will make you happy then yes"

"Fine then" Scarlett said standing up and walking to the closet in her room  , rummaging for her bottle of hair dye." But just a few streaks" she warned.

Harry held his hands up in surrender."if that's what you want".

Harry's favourite part of dying Scarlett's hair had to be dunking her head in the bathroom sink. She was just about to make a sarcastic comment when he did it so it was a surprise.

Both pairs of hands were green from the dye from putting it in Scarlett's hair." Mrs weasley is gonna kill us " harry joked as they dyed the last strand.

"No way. She's to nice to kill me. Maybe you but never me" Scarlett chimed in.

They rinsed her hair in the sink again only this time Harry's plan to distract Scarlett was working. Her defences were down and she seemed more relaxed.

She braided her wet hair to keep it out of her face. The pair looked around at the mess they had made. Streaks of green and wet towels covered the walls and the floor. Harry bent down to pick up the towels as Scarlett wiped the green off with a tissue.

"How exactly do you know how to dye hair harry" Scarlett asked as they sneaked back to her room.

"My aunt Petunia made me help her when she dyes the back of her head" harry explained. " sometimes even my uncle Vernon".

Scarlett giggled at his confession. "Harry potter the hairdresser". She punched his arm lightly before collapsing on her bed , dragging him down with her.

" it my back up plan" harry joked. "In case the hero thing doesn't work out".

" tough shit harry. Voldy had no hair".

************************

"Can I see it now?"

"NO" Scarlett shouted through the door as she cut one last piece of hair. It was a nice change just........different.

"Do you like it" asked harry

Scarlett looks at her hair in the mirror. Her piercing green eyes staring back at her. If she had done something like this before then her parents would have killed her. Slowly and painfully.

"Yeah ,I do"

Scarlett opened the door quickly before she lost her nerve. "Do you like it". Harry's jaw hit the floor." I never knew you cut it".

"It was a last minute decision".

Harry walked in a circle around her. Eyes glued to her hair. He stopped after two circles." I like it. Suits you really ".

" I know I look like a queen"