chapter 11

"So why were you running this time" Harry asked trying to make conversation.

Scarlett turned to him with a smirk on her face."Harry Potter why must you think I did something wrong?" asked Scarlett feigning innocence.

"So why were you running if you didn't do anything" asked harry playing along."you don't seem to be in a hurry".

"Well.......its the most fun way to get placed" suggested Scarlett. Harry turned his head and gave her a 'really' look. Students passing were giving them odd looks as they passed them. A gryffindor  and a Slytherin were actually talking to each other. They were near the doors to the great hall , it was only around the corner.

"So how was detention yesterday" she asked noticing how stiff harry got when she mentioned it." That bad?, let me guess the amount of pink nearly gave you a heart attack?, or was it having to look at her face and be reminded of toads. But add all of that and what does it mean. Barbie's used granny had a factory malfunction"she accused playfully trying to lift his spirits.

Harry looked at her trying to hold in a laugh yet the second their eyes met he couldn't help it. Especially when she started singing the Barbie girl theme song to him.

He spotted Ron and Hermione sitting at his house table looking at him. Ron was giving him a thumbs up with a proud looking grin on his face. Hermione gave him a smile before pushing Ron's hands down since he was causing a few odd looks their way.

Harry and Scarlett walked towards them and sat down across from them. Scarlett was getting looks of disgust from the other house members of gryffindor. Whispers were heard across the room as soon as she sat down.

Hermione, Ron and Harry looked at her with worry that she might get up and leave. Instead she had a careless grin on her face and leaned back in her seat with her arms crossed.

"Good morning" she greeted them. None of them had problems with each other so the atmosphere wasn't that tense.

"Hey" said Ron as he reached across the table for toast. "Could you pass the jam?". Many people looked at her to see what insults the Slytherin would say. Instead Scarlett passed in the jam without question." No bother"

"Hi Hermione"

"Hello green"

They chose what they wanted to eat and put it on their plates before continuing their conversation. Scarlett chose pancakes and orange juice.

Surprisingly enough it was harry that spoke first.

"Thanks for what you said the other day"

Scarlett shrugged her shoulders. "Which part?".

" For agreeing with me"harry said quietly to her so nobody but her and his friends could hear him."do you really thing he's back then?'.

This caught the attention of both Ron and Hermione as they leaned in closer to hear her answer.

"I'd be stupid not to , besides its always better to be prepared and ready for a fight".

" what about the other Slytherin's" inquired Hermione. "What do they think".

" my house hate me. But honestly their ready to become death eaters, they already picked a side"

"But that's barbaric, how could they?".

" look , most of them don't even want to. Their parents picked for them. Being from a Slytherin pure blood family isn't easy".

Carefully she turned around to look at her house table. Many of them glaring daggers at her. She was looking to see if they had fixed malfoy yet. Apparently not.

"Speaking of the slimy gits , aren't you worried about what they might do to you for sitting here" asked Ron as he wolfed down his breakfast much to Hermione's disgust.

"Nah" she waved it off , taking a sip of her juice. "There all cowards......... probably don't even have the brains either"

The trio smiled at her response. It seemed like she honestly didn't care what they though of her. She just wanted to be herself and wasn't going to let anything stop her. A type of bravery which was envied by many. It was quite nice to talk to her.
"Besides there probably still angry about what I did to malfoy this morning".

A chorus of " why's , so you DID do something and what was it this time was directed towards her.

"I may or may not have turned him into a balloon".

They all burst out laughing at her response earning a few angry looks from the students sitting near them.

" why" giggling Hermione.

"He was picking on some first years in the common room" she defended.

Just as she said it Crabbe and goyle  walked through the doors pulling a string attached to a floating draco malfoy's ankle.

Sorry I haven't updated in a while I was working on my new Sherlock fanfic. Just wanted to say thank you all for supporting and reading this story it really means a lot to me. Also can anyone think of some funny pranks for Scarlett to do on umbridge xxx