chapter 24

Harry and the others we're sent back to school after they we're told Mr weasley would make a full recovery. As soon as they got back umbridge was on their trail trying to find out why they left.

Ron was happy that everything would be fine. Hermione was slowly losing her patience with umbridge and harry kept looking for his brunette beauty.

Sadly she hadn't returned yet. The daily prophet had been filled with gruesome horror stories. Multiple murders had taken place. The ministry were convinced it was an obscurial.

Hermione had spent hour researching it and telling harry and Ron what it is. To say they were terrified was an understatement.

The trio was now on the way to DADA , which was the last class of the day.

"Uhhh" Ron whined , leaning on Harry's shoulder. "Can't we just pull a Scarlett and ditch".

" Ronald" Hermione scolded , hitting him with her book. "We cannot ditch a class. Its still our education".

" we don't learn anything though"harry piped up , pushing Ron off of him which made the red head nearly face plant to the floor.

"Doesn't matter , we're going and that's final".

Ron turned to whisper to harry " that's scary how that was a perfect impression of my mum". This sent them both into hysterics , making Hermione glare daggers at them.

**********

That evening the trio sat around the empty common room. Each stuck in their own heads. They listened to the radio , apparently the ministry are blaming Sirius for everything.

Just as harry turned of the radio her heard Sirius call his name from the fire.

"Sirius , what are you doing here" harry asked ,moving closer to the fire.

"Answering your letter of course , you said you were worried about umbridge" Sirius answered. "What'd she do , training you to kill half breeds"

"Sirius she's not letting us use any magic at all" harry said.

"Well I'm not surprised, the latest intelligence is that Fudge doesn't want you trained in combat" Sirius commented.

"What does he think , we're forming some kind of wizard army" asked Ron is disbelief.

"That's exactly what he thinks" answered sirius. "That dumbledore is making forces to overthrow the ministry. He's growing more paranoid by the day". Sirius then turned to harry. " The others wouldn't want me telling you this harry , but things are not going at all well in the order. Fudge is stopping the troops at every turn and these disappearances are just how it started before. Voldemort is on the move" he warned.

"Well what can we do" asked harry.

They all heard a noise."someone 's coming. I'm sorry I can't be of more use. But for now it look that your on your own" Sirius said before disappearing into the fire.

Fear started to creep through Harry's bones , causing him to shiver.

They all got up slowly walking to look out the common room window in thought.

"He really is out there isn't he" stated Hermione. "We've got to learn how to defend ourselves , and if umbridge refuses to teach us how then we've got to find someone who will" as she ended she turned to look at harry , silently telling him that he had to be the one to teach them.

"Shame Scarlett isn't here , she'd be a great help" pondered Ron , clearly not understanding harry and Hermione's silent agreement.

****************,

The next weekend in hogsmead they all made their way to the hogshead to 'rally the troops'as Ron so elegantly put it.

"This is mad" said harry trudging through the snow. "Who'd want to be taught by me , I'm a butter remember?".

" well you can't be any worse than old toad face" Ron tried. Harry just looked at him. "Thanks Ron" he sassed.

"I'm here for you mate"

********
"Who's suppose to be meeting us then" harry asked.

"Just a couple of people" Hermione reassured.

They opened the door tho the pub which opened with a loud creak. The place was covered in rotten wood , a goat was walking around next to what appeared to be the bartender.

"Lovely spot" Ron commented.

"I thought it would be safer somewhere of the beaten track" Hermione defended.

The three soon sat at a table in front of a group of their classmates.

Hermione stood up nervously
"Um hi, so you all know why we're here , we need a teacher a proper teacher. One who's had real experience defending themselves against the dark arts".

" why" someone asked sitting in the corner.

"WHY" Ron sassed"cuz you know who's back ya tosspot"

"So he says" the boy defended , pointing to harry.

"So dumbledore says" Hermione stated .

"So dumbledore says because he say , the point is where's the proof".

" if potter could tell us more about how Cedric died" another boy added.

Harry began to lose his patience. He rose from his chair. "I'm not gonna speak about Cedric so if that why your here you might as well clear out now" he stated firmly. All eyes were now on him."come on Hermione let's go. They just here because the think I'm some kind of freak" harry whispered to his friend.

"Harry wait" Hermione encouraged.

"Is it true you can produce a patronus charm" Luna asked breaking the awkward silence.

That seemed to be the kick start that was needed. After much convincing and a speak from harry everyone seemed to want to join the DA. The made a line and each signed their names.

It was just the thing needed to raise Harry's spirits.

"We should ask Scarlett when she comes back" said Ron as they walked back to the castle with everyone.

"What, you mean you guys didn't hear" asked Neville. They all stopped to stare at the trio.

"What is it Neville" harry asked a bit too quickly.

"Scarlett's been missing for two days , no ones seen her. They also found her dad murdered at their family Christmas party" Neville answered