Chapter 4

"Alright which of you two were outside last night?" Charlie had cornered the twins, knowing quite well they were up to something.

"Outside?"

"Charlie, you mean to tell me you were outside last night? Wait till mum finds out."

"Wait, you wouldn't happen to be their with someone else would you?" The twins both raised their eyebrows suggestively, and he wished a great deal he could hex them both.

"Knock it off!" He scolded, crossing his arms. "Now tell me which one of you was it."

"Hey, it wasn't us." George said defensively.

"Great." Charlie said pinching the bridge of his nose. "Well if it wasn't you, then I don't know who else."

"Ron."

"Or Cormac."

"Or Ginny."

"Or Bill."

"Or Harry, Harry always likes taking nightly walks."

"Or maybe." Fred said in a softer voice shifting closer to his brother.

"Maybe it was..."

"Voldemort." George whispered in Charlie's ear.

"That's nothing to joke about." Charlie said, but for some reason, he felt it wasn't a joke.

"Have a good one Charlie." They said entering the dining room for breakfast.

"My dear you look tired." He heard his mother say to Hermione as he followed the twins into the room.

He caught her eye, and she sucked in a breathe to reply. "Couldn't sleep." That was true, considering the person on the shore remained in her thoughts.

Charlie sat down, his gaze fixed on the girl, until a plate of pancakes was set in front of him. "Thanks mum." He said, clearing his throat from it's grogginess.

"What was that?" Harry asked in an undertone, noticing the look shared between her and Charlie.

"What was what?"

"Don't play innocent Hermione."

"Harry, I have no idea what you are talking about, and I should hope you are not suggesting what I think you are." Hermione said definitely, and that was the end to that conversation.

Ron appeared looking quite annoyed. "What's with you?" The twins asked as he plopped down in a chair.

"You should ask Charlie." He grunted.

"Hermione?" Ginny called, taking a seat next to her. "Where were you last night?"

"Oh Er, I couldn't sleep so I-I.."

"Had a drink of water, isn't that right? I ran into her as I got up to go to the bathroom." Harry said, catching on that Hermione, well at least from her red cheeks gave away, had indeed snuck out.

She threw him a look of gratification. "Yeah I was really thirsty."

"You know where you can get some water Hermione? The pond has loads of it if the faucets broke." Ron commented, and Hermiones eyes widened in alarm.

Charlie had choked on his water as well.

"Ron, why would you say such a stupid thing as that." Ginny asked.