Chapter 25

Hermione woke up with the sound of a knock at the door. She first lifted her arm, seeing as it was all better, and then blinkingly looked to the source of the noise. "Come in." She said.

"Oh Hermione, have you zeen Charlie?" Said the blonde with a panicked look.

She furrowed her brows, faintly remembering him in her room last night. "Not since last night, why?!"

"Bill is gone, I woke up just now. I did notz want to wake the rest of the house about zis. I assume they must ze out together."

"Fleur, it's okay."

"It'z not like William to just leave in the Middle of the night."

"I'm sure they will be back." Hermione said, trying to reassure the worried girl. She hadn't gotten along with Fleur. Perhaps it was the inability to hold a single decent conversation. However she felt obliged to at least calm her nerves. "Here, how about we look for them."

"Oh would you! I would ze so grateful."

Hermione nodded, throwing on a travelling cloak, and then apparated with Fleur. They first went to Diagon Alley. It was dark, which was expected for around three in the morning. The empty streets were a bit unnerving, but Hermione smiled at Fleur.

They looked around. She didn't know what she was expecting. Were they to just walk into the leaky Cauldron and find two brothers bonding over a warm cup of Butterbeer?

"Letz try Gringotts."

Hermione nodded, and they entered the bank.

Only a few Goblins were in the main hall, all of which looked curiously at the two witchs.

"Hello, has Charlie or Bill Weasley been here?" Hermione asked the Goblin at the front desk.

He glared at her as thought she had personally besmirched him. "Yes." He said with an irritated voice.

Fleur gasped beside her, instantly relieved. They had both been thinking dangerous thoughts. To their luck nothing of harm had occurred, they had just went out for the night.

"About twenty minutes ago." The Goblin spoke.

Fleur's face paled again. "Do you know where ze went?"

"They are still in the bank, madam, we can not disclouse anything more."

"They are probably just working." Hermione assured.

"Well we well zee about zat." Fleur placed a key in front of the Goblin. "We would like to go to the office of William Weasley."

Hermione smirked as Fleur glared at the Goblin.

A Cart ride and wind blown hair later, the two stepped onto the ledge. It was just outside the offices. They were then led by the Goblin, and opening the office door, found no one.

"Where could they be?" Fluer asked.

Hermione arched an eyebrow at Fluer.

"What."

"I think I might know." 

They waited for the Goblin to leave on the cart, before exiting the office into the corridor. Hermione led the way, Fluer close behind.

"I've forgotten my wand, I'll run back and get it." Fluer muttered after gasping.

Hermione halted leaning against the cave wall. She was distracted in thought once Fluer rounded the corner but grew uneasy. It was then her eyes caught a blur, before a heavy mass knocked her over with force pinning her on the ground. She opened her eyes in fear, looking up into a pair of.....