Chapter 8

"Are you all ready? Now remember, meet at the leaky cauldron first." Mrs. Weasley said, scanning the collection of people. 

"Want to apparate?"  Charlie hummed into Hermione's hair, pulling her close next to him.  She nodded, gripping her arm around his. 

"Mum, Ill apparate with Hermione."  He announced, and his mother approved.

"Yes, that's fine? Ginny!" Molly Weasley landed her eyes on her youngest child.

"What mother?" 

"Take Lavender with you through the floo." 

All Hermione heard was a groan from Ginny, before the floor beneath her disappeared.  She tightened her grip on Charlie, and leaned into his chest to regain her balance once they were stable again.  "You Alright?" He asked, steadying her by her shoulders. 

"Of course."  Her eyes flickered to his, and the corners of his lips tugged upwards slightly into a smile. 

She then glanced quickly around at her surroundings, finding the tightly packed winter street of Diagon Alley.
To get out of the way of the bustling crowd, Charlie steered Hermione towards the entrance to the Leaky Cauldron.

They swung open the door, the bell knocking against it, and were welcomed into the pub. 

"There He is now."  Fred said, catching their eye, and waving Charlie over.  "You see I've been telling you he's back." He continued speaking to an old lady. 

"Hello Mrs. Padma."  Charlie greeted the woman, outstretching his hand, but the woman hugged him instead, placing a Mrs. Weasley of sorts kiss on his cheek.  Hermione couldn't help but smirk at this. 

"Oh Little Charlie Weasley!  Well not so little anymore.  Do you remember I used to watch you and your brother Bill.  You two were the craziest little things.  I remember you always refused to wear your trousers, I had to sellotape them to ya."

As the lady continued to ramble on, Fred and George started to back away slowly, obviously escaping.  Hermione noticed this giving them a glare. 

"Come on Granger, you'll thank us later."  George whispered, and they both seized her arms pulling her away with them. 

"That was foul, you left Charlie." She scorned, the three now standing far away from Mrs. Padma.   

"Would you rather it be you?" George asked. 

"Yeah." Fred agreed.  "Oh dear, you must be Little bitty Charlie's girlfriend. Oh how precious....it's been ages since he's got himself a gal."  Fred imitated the Women's voice.

"Shove it!"  She said flustered. 

"Tell us Granger, if you had to pick a weasley to fancy, why couldn't it be us?"  The twins stood, trying to show off their phasic. 

Hermione grinned at the pair.  "You know what, I really don't know!"  She said as though it was an eye opening experience, but her sarcasm was obvious.

"Hermione."  Someone called quietly beside her, and she knew immediately it was Ron. 

"Hmmm?"

"I was wondering if maybe you'd like to go to the sweet shop down the road, I gamble it's probably loads better than Honeydukes even." 

Before Hermione could even answer Ron, whose ears were pink of nervousness, Lavender had thrown herself at Him.  "Won won, I thought you'd promised we go- Well you know....we've always talked about it."

Ron was then literally dragged by Lavender into the streets of Diagon Alley.

"Hermione, Ginny and I are heading to the ice cream shop. They have really nice hot chocolate and fudge in the winter, wanna come?"