Chapter 33

Hermione stood aghast. Charlie had just kissed her.  The thing she had been trying to prevent now had returned. A strong feeling towards him that felt unsettling yet equally comfortable. There was only so long she could continue to pretend her feelings towards him were minimal.

"Bill Weasley!" She shouted as soon as she apparated into the shell cottage.

He appeared from the adjacent room into the kitchen with an alarmed look. "What?! Is someone hurt."

"No, nothing's wrong-" She said quickly as to assure his panicked expression. "Well, not safety wise." She added.

"Oh, then what do you need, you look flushed."

She touched her cheek, and somehow they warmed more. "You need to talk to your brother!"

A small grin formed on his lips. "Which one?" He inquired with teasing curiosity.

She looked at him with a slightly arched eyebrow, expecting him to know. "Charlie, who else."

"And what do I need to talk to him about?" He asked sympathetically, leaning slightly on the counter.

"His feelings. Because I don't quite know what he's thinking. Well I do. But-"

"I know he cares for you." He said with sincerity.

"But that's the problem. Bill, we are in a war, and-I don't want him to get attached."

Bill looked at her, nodding slowly. "I see."

"You know him better than anyone." She saw him biting back something, as though he held his tongue between his teeth. "What is it?"

"Are you concerned he is getting too attached or are you afraid you will be?"

There it was, the real question. The feeling that had been eating away at her subconscious. She let out a sigh. "Thank you Bill."

"I'll talk to him."

"No- you don't have to"

"Naw, he's my brother. Even if you hadn't asked I'd stop by anyway."

"Well, Er- I should be back."

-----------------------------------

Bill was walking through Gringotts to his office, when he spotted Charlie already down the corridor. He had planned on meeting him there today anyway. "Hey mate." bill greeted, clapping his brother on the back. "You'll never guess who stopped by today."

"who?"

"Why only Hermione Granger."

"What happened, is she okay?"

"What did you do?" Bill asked with a scorning tone as he let himself into his office.

-----------------------

Dinner felt awkward. At least for Hermione. Bill had came back with Charlie, and they both waltzed in the door, throwing immediate glances to Hermione before they greeted Mrs. Weasley.

"Where's your father?"

"Ministry Mum." Bill said.

And as they ate, Hermione avoided their gazes to the best of her ability. She now regretted talking to Bill. Because it felt like the two were holding some secret, except she knew the secret was her.

And there she was, watching two brothers, smiling to themselves. And her eyes fell on Charlie, who once brought the most innocent butterflies when times were less dark. And she truly thought about it.  She couldn't avoid him. Or rather she no longer wished to.