Chapter 29

She rose from the water, him pulling her by the waist to stand once he regained his footing. "Are you bloody serious?" He asked, and she looked to him curiously unsure if he was mad.

Yet her eyes trained to the see through material of his wet dress shirt sticking to his skin. She swallowed, shaking her head. "Yeah." She answered. "Do you not like dips in the water every now and then?"

"Not on my brother's wedding day." He spoke with a soft smile, intrigued by her gesture.

"Charlie he is already married." She paused, glancing up to meet his eyes. "So technically you are the next eligible bachelor in the Weasley family."

"Yes." He hummed to her quiet attempt at wit. "Yet I'm already taken."

"By whom?" She asked.

He looked at her, and she wished she didn't ask such a question, even if she was the one who had started this banter filled conversation. She sucked in a breathe again, her flirty nature being drowned by her own torturous sad depressing thoughts. She couldn't do this.

All of a sudden, there was a wisp of light in the sky. The two both moved their attention toward the display, what appeared a blue shooting star. Yet as it grew apparently larger and broke a questionable distance a deep set panic settled in Hermione's stomach.

The dark night was illuminated as it crashed into the marquee, some of the light glinting off the surface of the pond the pair was currently standing waist deep in. As the light faded from her full sights she looked to Charlie with concern, but not for long as he immediately grabbed her hand. They apparated in a crack, appearing just on the outskirts of the tent, still soaking wet.

"You go towards the danger?!" She lamented quickly to him as soon as she gained her balance.

"It's a Patronous." He spoke, and started to part through the crowd that all seemed to be captivated toward something in the center.

"Ah Granger, there you are. We've been looking bloody everywhere for you." George called.

"Wait, you two didn't just have a shag in the pond did you?" She whipped her head over her shoulder to find it was the twins.

"What?!, No!, you cannot be serious-" But she was interrupted as her hand still in Charlie's was pulled to follow along behind him.

The music was still playing, and then it stopped. A chill seemed to sweep over the crowd, as everyone finally realized the presence of the patronous that flooded the center of the room.

"The ministry has fallen, the minister of magic is dead. They're coming. They're coming."

Chaos

Her hand was gripped so tight, it was impossible to even feel it any longer. People were pushing and shoving, and shrieks tore the air around her.

"Hermione!" It was Ron and Harry. Her free hand was grabbed by someone. There was a moments hesitation where the world seemed to halt, and she could feel herself being sucked into two places at once. Logically one would apparate away. And she could assume this would be the time they had to leave. It felt too soon yet also was their last chance. She prepared herself to take her, Harry and Ron the first place she could think of. But her other hand had a tighter grip on it. The tearing pain in her arm was excruciating, and the result of splinching already had a torq on her body. She bit down on her tongue tasting the cold taste of iron.

She let go, and then was sucked away, disappearing into the air with a crack.

Snogging at the BurrowOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara