Part 4-Visit to the Khan Household

Monday

"Sis I think we're lost just call Hamed to come get us",Hasna groans loudly then falls back on her seat with frustration.

"No we'll ge-

"There's an entrance gate there sis. I think that's it",Yousif says nodding towards large gate behind us.

Are you actually serious? I passed that place like thrice and didn't see it.
I need glasses am sure of it.

I head towards the gate which apparently requires a pin.

I find a button there so I press it then it beeps.

"Who is it?",a male voice which sounds nothing like Hamed or Ishaq comes through.

"What do we say?"I look st the kids who shrug.

"Busola"Hasna yells from behind.

"Um I don't think the-"

"Let her in"I hear Hameds voice then there's a buzz and the gate opens.

I drive in and gawk at the beautiful mansion in front of me. Mashallah its beautiful.

"Goals",Hasna whispers and starts snapping the house.

"Yo look they got guards and all. Hashtag DOUBLE GOALS",she speaks to herself as she types.

"Hasna and Yousif behave okay. Yousif no glaring st Ishaq okay? Please behave. They all fancy and shit already makes me feel nauseous so don't embarrass somebody Ooooh"I warn them as we get out of the car.

"Okay"they shrug.

"You made it"Hamed walks out of his house with a smile on his face.

"We said we'd come didn't we?",Yousif says.

I give him a look then turn to Hamed who's still smiling.

"Follow me I'll introduce you to everyone. Don't worry there's not a lot"he assures me.

"Why you telling us that?",Yousif asks.

"Because I can tell your sister isn't a big crowd kinda person"Hamed replies. I smile at the fact that he actually took time to notice what kind of person I am. Awwws he's so sweet.

"Shall we?"Hamed moves out of the way for me to walk. I take a deep breath for a few seconds before following them into the house.

This house is the kinds house I dream of. Never thought I'd be in one. Its beautiful mashallah.

We enter what appears to be the loving room and find about 10 or even less people there. Well damn. He wasn't lying when he said it wasn't much.

"Beta you made it"aunty yells and stands up from the couch.

I smile then she gives me a hug and a kiss on the forehead which made me smile.

"Hope the journey wasn't too stressful? Noor beta can you get them something to drink",she says then a lady about my age gets up and walks to the kitchen.

"It was fine"I whisper.

"Oh beta this is my eldest son Usman and Noor is his wife",she introduces me to the man who I think was speaking st the gate.

"Asalam Alaykum. Walaykum Salam"we greet each other.

"Here"Noor walks back in with a tray of three glasses of orange juice.

"Here sit",aunty says after handing me a glass then Hasna and Yousif. I want to go home. This is too awkward.

Aunty introduced us to everyone there. Noor's parents, their neighbors and two males who are apparently Hamed's friends, Mohammed and Jamal. I really want someone to talk to. This is so awkward. Yousif and Ishaq despite beefing with each other are playing on the PlayStation while Ayesha and Hasna are talking privately on a separate couch. Hamed Is talking to his friends, uncle with his, Noor with her husband. And am stuck with aunty basically trying to pull me into her conversation with her friends.

"So how are your parents Busola?",one of aunties asks me.

I sigh then rub my hands.

"They're no more"I tell her.

"Oh Subhanallah am sorry beta. May Allah grant them peace and highest position in jannah".

"Ameen".

"How do you get by then? With your little siblings?",another aunty asks.

"I work".

"Alone? Ah beta you need to get married at least your husband can help take care of you and your siblings"another says.

"I want them to have their own job and be stable before thinking of settling down",I explain.

"Ah but beta your not growing any younger. You need to think about yourself too. You see this men they want young girls from start ah. Your 25 you need to think of getting married",aunty tells me.

"She's right",the rest agree.

"So you've been taking care of em at 10 years of age?",Noor asks me.

"Oh no we had to stay with one of our uncles but when I turned 18 I was able to take them. They moved back to Nigeria so I had to care for them".

"So your alone? Beta listen to us before its too late. Look at you. Your a beautiful girl any man would take you. Get married soon, your husband can help you",aunty says.

"Ah I haven't found any man yet when I do I'll take it into account"I tell them which makes them smile.

"Wait Azeeza isn't your son looking for a wife?",aunty gasps loudly.

Oh no.

"Aditya Yess"the aunty nods excitedly.

"Aunty am not in-".

"Mom am going upstairs yeah"Hamed says.

"Oh okay sure"aunt smiles and nods.

***

"We should get going aunty, thanks for inviting us",I thank aunty then uncle.

"Ah so soon anyways no problem beta. Now if you ever need anything just call me okay? Take care of yourself too and think about what we told you",she whispers. I nod then glance at Hasna and Yousif who give me a weird look.

"Hamed, Ishaq, Ayesha escort them out".

"Let him stay"Yousif says glaring at Ishaq who smirks.

"Yousif stop"I whisper and give him a disapproving look. He groans then nods.

"Visit us sometime yeah"aunty says giving us a kiss each.

"Okay"Hasna smiles and hugs uncle who chuckles and pats her head. I smile at how happy she looked then sigh. I wish daddy and mommy were here also.

"See you tomorrow"she waves at Ayesha who smiles and nods.