Part 10-Talk

4th August 2018

Ishaq

"Please sit down Busola",mama says.

Busola nods then takes a seat in front of Hamed bhai who has his face in his hands.

"Are you in a rush?"mama asks her.

"Um yeah actually am on my way to an interview",Busola replies.

"Interview? I thought you already have a job?",Usman bhai says.

"Yeah I do but with everything going on now, I need to get another job",she whispers with a sad sigh.

"Beta if you need help you know you can tell us",mama says looking at her with concern.

"Ah aunty I can't do that. You've already done so much for me already".

"Beta I haven't done anything"mama days with confusion.

"Yeah unknowingly you have. Before Hasna was so down about our parents not being here but ever since we met you, you treated us like your own and she just, she's more happier even Yousif even though he hides it with his big boy act. You act more like family to us than our uncle and aunties do. That's why am so grateful to have met you and your family"Busola smiles.

"Oh beta"mama smiles and wipes her tears then kisses Busola's forehead.

"What is going on though? Hasna was crying over something about house rent and stuff and how your barely coping",I butt into the conversation.

"House rent? Busola what's going on?"mama asks, well actually she demanded.

Busola frowns then rubs her forehead tiredly.

"Its just the money I worked for and saved for the past 4 weeks was supposed to pay 3 late rents which landlord is already complaining and I had it ready to pay but after yesterday on the way home some guy snatched my bag. He empties it all out. Took my card, money everything. He emptied my account and so now I have no rent money and no nothing. That's why I need a second job",she explains and even I can't help but feel bad for her. She looks so tired and worked out.

"How much is the rent anyways?",baba asks her.

"I have it under control u-".

"If you don't let me help you then I take it you don't think of me as your aunty anymore" mama says with a frown.

"But aunty I just don't like people doing stuff for me. I don't like it"she answers honestly.

"But why?",Usman bhai asks.

"Because there's some people who later in the future will start saying hat we wouldn't have made it without their help or start degrading us. I don't like that so that's why I do everything alone".

"But beta sometimes its good to ask for help. Not everyone is like that. Allah probably allowed us to meet each other so we could be of help. Allah did say to help our brothers and sisters. So why will you reject our help?",baba says.

Busola looks down and frowns.

"How much is the rent? Actually better yet make a list of everything you need, rent, grocery money, everything. And give the list to Usman. He'll handle it",baba says.

"Usman"he looks at bhai who stands up then looks at Busola who sighs then stands up and follows him into the study room.

"Hamed beta you have to talk to her you can't stay like this forever. What happened has happened. Asra left, she canceled the wedding. She couldn't handle it. But now that we know who can why won't you allow us to talk to her?",baba asks bhai.