ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴇɪɢʜᴛᴇᴇɴ

WASN'T EXPECTING THAT

Warning: this chapter is very emotional and the music doesn't help either. 😿

┌─────❀◦❀◦❀ ❀◦❀◦❀─────┘

After a long day out looking at homes, Sami thought it would be nice to stop at one of her favorite places in Seoul.

A nice quiet little coffee shop that she found on the outskirts of Seoul.

They approached the door to the coffee shop. When walking up to it, you wouldn't think it was a coffee shop until you walk inside.

Sami happening to have found this place when she had decided to take a walk to get used to Seoul.

The place was owned by an old Korean couple who rarely got any customers. When she had walked in, she was the only customer at that time.

So it was nice to have some peace and quiet especially due to the fact of who she linked to.

During the first couple of times, she came into the cafe, Sami's Korean was very limited and couldn't understand. But that didn't stop the interaction between them.

Since she loved the coffee shop so much, she learned the language and was able to communicate with the old couple.

So that day when Sami, Tyla, and Aunt Carol arrived and walked into the shop they were warmly greeted by the owners. Sami and Tyla bowed down at them as Tyla raced away to a familiar area inside the shop.

"Anyounghaseyo Mr. and Mrs. Lee," Sami said to them with a smile.

Mrs. Lee bowed back smiling away at Sami. "Do you want the usual?"

"Ne."

The old woman walked away as she turned to the machine to start it up. Aunt Carol looked around the place as she took off her gloves. The place seemed run down and was on its last limb but knowing her niece this felt like home to her.

Sami walked until they sat down in a small booth at the end of the aisle next to a window. She took off her scarf, jacket, and gloves placing them next to her.

She glanced up to see Tyla playing with the toys. It had only taken Sami once to bring Tyla here and the next time they came the elderly couple had an area for Tyla to enjoy.

Sami turned her eyes back to her aunt who was fiddling around on her phone. She stared at aunt until her aunt could sense that she was being watched.

"Some things never change," Sami snorted.

Her aunt looked up as she placed her phone on her jacket. She raised an eyebrow as she stared at Sami. "What is that supposed to mean?"

Sami sigh before leaning back in the seat. "What do you think it means? No matter what you are either staring at your phone or in a meeting. You weren't even there when I had Tyla."

Sami pointed up the little girl who was playing with a set of dolls.

"Didn't I explain to you that I couldn't cancel that meeting with the investors? Would you be able to continue living the life you have nothing?"

Sami huffed before running her hand through her hair. "I don't care about any of that. I hated that life when my parents ran the company and I still hate it now. Everyone treated me like a bank instead of being actual friends with me. Why do you think I kept to myself?"