Fresh Meat

Chapter 2
Fresh meat

Eros is a trusted hidden guard of the King. He is very skilled and cold.He rarely and almost never make mistakes.He only listen to the King's order and never did he question him.
But it doesn't mean he is satisfied with his decision.
Why would the King marry a weak and timid woman? She's not even that pretty and very shy. She doesn't look like a mother of a nation at all.
Even he is unsatisfied. He will never voice out his feelings.He is born with a serious wood like face and very distant.He almost never show his face to anyone.
Since the beginning, after the wedding,the Queen is sent to one of the palaces and he is to guard her.
She's the only woman in the King's harem yet but the people treat her trashily and give her a real hard time.
The King never visited her because he was extremely busy because of an invasion. And he doesn't dare made a move unless her life is at risk.

Bam!
There are unusual activity on the Queen's room.A maid suddenly rush away.
Eros frown.
Why did the male servant stays on the room?
Even though the Queen does not have the King's favor doesn't mean any man can lay their hand on her.
Before he rush to the door he heard the man voice pleading.
And the maid rush back.
There are alot of activities that puzzled him.

Bam!
The door went violently opened.
The Queen!

Eros looks at her in the shadows.
Strange,she looks like she's no longer a scaredy cat but a tiger!

Eros heart skip a beat when the Queen look at his direction.
She is in the second floor so he is looking up at her.
But he is well hidden in the shadow.

"You are a hidden guard? So old fashion."
Zia frown.

Eros don't believe it.
This woman...see through his concealment?

"I am sent by the King.To oversee you and your servants." Eros says seriously but didn't reveal himself.

"Naturally,or you think my father can sent a male in the Queen's palace?Only the King are allowed to do such meaningless thing."

The two servant and maid shudder. They are being watch? What if the Queen really died? Even though they didn't directly kill her they are really the cause.Who said that even if the Queen dies the King won't mind? The King sent someone!

"Meaningless? Apologies to the Queen but this is the King's protecting you.How is this meaningless?" Even though he is emotionally affected Eros didn't let it show to his voice.

"Hmp! I was treated like a trash on my own palace,being fed with rats bread and you won't move? When will this King's protection really going to protect me? I can't even ask a maid to summon a mere kitchen staff,am I a Queen or a beggar?"

Eros is stunned.
It is true.
He didn't move because he is secretly mad at her.
But if she died from hunger wouldn't the King become a laughing stock? That the King can't even feed his own wife?
The masses will revolt from such injustice.
And the General...The General Melos will definitely defect and lead a revolt.This Eldest daughter though a trash is a very treasure girl of the General.
The King's plan will go down the drain if she dies.

"You are thinking something like the King's plan will go to drain if she dies,right?"

Eros froze to his place.

"Before you think that,think on how you will explain how you didn't do your job and protect me,the Queen."

"My role is to protect you in grave danger."
Eros is getting agitated.

"Fool! I am getting fed worst than a pig and you think this is not grave? I would go out and spread the rumor that a Queen is Eating worst than a pig,see if the King protects you."
Zia has no time to quarrel.She wants to eat as soon as possible but she secretly enjoys bullying this serious hidden guard.

"My orders are..."

"I am dying in hunger! And you think I'm still fine? What a nice hidden guard."

"A hidden guard don't cook for his master!"

Zia is internally laughing.
This childish hidden guard is really funny.

"Then,make the cook,cook! Make the hidden guard,guard!hmp."

Zia turns around and left.A mocking smile flaster on her face.

They arrive to the kitchen.
Zia kick the door open.
The laughing kitchen servants halt.They all look at the cold Zia.
Stunned.

"I am hungry."

The cook suddenly comeback to his senses.
They laugh.
The servants roar in laughter.

"You didn't eat the bread? We even put some meat...a fresh meat."
Laughter.

Zia steps forward with a smile on her face.
That time she looks harmless and pretty.
Suddenly,without changing her facial expression, she put the living fat rat inside the cook's mouth.
Everyone backs off  in shock and fear.
The cook straggle but Zia grab his collar tightly.The rat is straggling in the Cook's mouth too.

"Oh.I enjoy the meat,so much that I want to share some with you.Don't be shy.Eat it whole." Zia sweetly says without changing her sweet and innocent expression in her face.
The cook eyes are reddened and started to pour tears.
His mouth is being bitten and scratch by the rat and bleeding.

"You want to cook now for this Queen?" Zia asks with an innocent smile.

The Cook nod hurriedly.The rat is still alive and wanted to be freed.

Zia then released the cook's collar but never let the fat rat go.
She tightly grab on its wet and dirty black body.

"Then,cook.What are you all staring at? You want a piece of fresh meat?"

Everyone shudder and move crazy.