What Love Can Do

"Erm..."

Kayus wakes up feeling the pain of his left eye.

He looks around and see the old Prime Minister, Saul.

"Oh-" Kayus realizes that he barge in his house wothout prior notification.
"Pardon my rudeness Sir Saul."
Kayus bow his head.

Saul dismiss it with a hand.
He looks ill tempered while his lips are pursed together.

"Is there...a problem?"
He asked.
"My eye.."

"Apology to you too Sir Kayus. It appears my granddaughter inapproprietly harm you."

Kayus has a vague memory of yesterday. It feels like a dream.
He is not sure what is true and false anymore.

"Lady Lily is a gentle person. She doesnt mean to hurt me. I think it is me who startled her."

"You are too kind." Saul bow his head a bit toward the injured man.

Flashback...

"What is happening?" Saul went home late because the other palace officers has been searching for the missing King and he has to join in to avoid suspiscion.

"Que---Lady Maid is undressing Lady Lily in front of unconscious man. I-Is this okay? Sir?"

"How is that okay?!"

Saul stormed and run and walk at the same time. The pitiful servant can only follow behind.

In front of the door is the two Heartfilia's.

"No one should enter." Jurjel said with resolute face.

"This is my house!" Saul shouted.
He wants to force his way in but the youngest Heartfilia stops him with blushing face.

"Are you sure you want to see your naked granddaughter?" Sean ask looking straight at his eyes.

Saul is stunned.

"Lily! Open this door!" Saul stops forcing his way in and instead shouted.

"G-Grandfather?"

"W-what is the Queen trying to do with my innocent granddaughter? You are not content on taking away her love and now you dare to humiliate her?"

"Oh-hoh." Zia only chuckles.

"Wrong! Grandfather,it is not the King! I-I only like Kayus!"

"What?"

"I--I only like him...And you misunderstood. Grandfather never listens to me! I hate you!"

"L-Lily! How can you hate me? I am your Grandfather. The one that raises you."

"T-then..Make me Marry Sir Kayus."

"Kayus is only an orphan. He is a commoner. He is the King's right hand but he has no official rank or position. It is inappropriete for you to marry such lowborn..."

"And here I am...A high standard woman in front of you! For you I deserve someone as high as the King. But...But do they value me? I am a woman. A chess pieces by my family. Marry whoever you choose me to marry? Even if you say I am valuable, the one I like do not see my value!"

"There. There. Do not cry. Your Grandfather is stupid but he is not deaf. Do not shout at him." Zia said as if very concern yet her face behind the door shown no trace of affection.

"Quee--Lady Maid is right. I became very rude. Grandfather......"
There is a long silence.
"I will stab myself if you dont marry me to Sir Kayus."