Chapter Eight

I was pretty good at English Literature, in fact, almost the top of my class. But as I got Alessia's homework back—which she had completed as Alessia Trent—I realised that she wasn't. A grade D+ was not something that I would like to receive as Olivia Clark. And so, as the teacher set another mock question for next Tuesday, I vowed that—if I still had to be Alessia for this mock—that a D+ would not be a grade she would see again.

For me, Olivia Clark in the future, GCSE's were gone, and I was already in college, a few days in. I, therefore, hadn't been around anything GCSE for eleven weeks. That meant I would have to focus even more and spend more hours in the library pouring myself overwork and textbooks.

Alessia's social life may be in tatters, but I won't let her future become the same.

I spent the lesson in silence, refraining from saying anything since I'm sure I'd say all the wrong things. Instead, every time Olivia Clark raised her hand to say something, I jotted it down. As I knew I was pretty secure in my English work, I knew that anything I said couldn't be too wrong. In no time, I was pretty up to date and in the right mindset.

That was until the teacher called on me to answer a question. I froze, everyone's eyes suddenly on me, sharing sniggers and looks across the room.

"Number three, please, Alessia." Miss McKinnon requested, waiting for my response.

I swallowed, glancing down at my copy of the book before I began to speak.

"Well it's metaphorical," I started uncertainly, "she can't actually reach the top of the mountains, and even if she could, she probably wouldn't do it for him—so I guess there's a bit of comedy there. She also speaks in hyperbolic language when she mentions the maid, which is when I think she finds the link between the two." I explained.

The class fell into silence suddenly, and even Miss McKinnon took a while to respond.

"Yes," she said, frowning, "well done, Alessia, you seem to have done some extra work." I nodded, smiling. Or, maybe, I'm Olivia Clark in Alessia Trent's body 7 months in the past? That gets more complicated every time.

The lesson continued after that, but I couldn't help but drag my eyes over to the real Olivia, and Kiara. I watched as Olivia shrugged, Kiara turning around. When she saw me, she glared at me.

Confused, I quickly looked away. Does Kiara hate Alessia? What could Alessia have done for her to hate her so much?

Submerged in these new thoughts, I blanked for the rest of the lesson, and it wasn't long until the lesson finished and everyone began packing up.

I quickly joined them and shoved all of my things into my bag. When I was done, I let everyone else leave the classroom before I approached Miss McKinnon.

"Hi, Alessia," she greeted me, smiling up at me.

I smiled back, "Hi," I began, "I have some work that somehow never made it to you—I have a feeling maybe I messed them up the first time so I wanted to re-do them, who knows," I said, making her laugh, "but here they are." I said, handing them over to her.

"Thanks, Alessia, and well done for today." I grinned at her, thanking her before I left the classroom.

"Teacher's pet." Someone spat as I left the classroom. I turned to see Kiara on the other side of the door, arms crossed over her chest.