Chapter Thirty-Six

Alessia wasn't stupid. She knew that she wouldn't be any safer with Lizzie's offer. Lizzie was proposing that she'd delete the photo, but only if Alessia gives more proof by actually getting with Dylan. It made no sense.

"We'll deflect any rumours until you're ready, and then it'll be the only thing talked about for what's left of our miserable year," Lizzie said after Alessia had brought up the aforementioned issue.

"What you're saying is, you'll protect me until what? May? June? That's still not good enough." Alessia said, crossing her arms over her chest.

"Oh, loosen up, Less," Katy said, stepping forward, "we're bored, and you're the bait. By the time we get to June, everyone will be gone anyway; you'll be safe."

"Yes, I'll be safe after everyone goes—but you want this to all blow up with everyone there. I'm sorry, but no." Alessia said, shaking her head at the girls.

"Then we share the picture," Lizzie said smugly.

Alessia sighed, "Do whatever you want with the picture." She said, turning to leave.

"Wait," Alessia recognised that the voice was someone new, a girl in the group who hadn't spoken yet. She turned, seeing Ashley walk over to Katy and Lizzie, where Alessia had just been stood.

"I'll put a word in for you to get you back on the dance team, and I'll get you Olivia's favourite perfume, and I'll get Olivia distracted for you—for the whole three months." She proposed, making Lizzie and Katy exchange glances.

Alessia pursed her lips, thinking about this for a moment. "Okay," she said, making Katy and Lizzie grin at each other. "But on my terms," Alessia continued, making the grins fall slightly. "You cover my back with Olivia and Kiara, but I want the whole school to know that it's Alessia and Dylan now; not Olivia and Dylan. Get Olivia completely out of the picture, and you'll get your scandal."

Katy and Lizzie exchanged looks.

"Done," Katy said.

"And done." Lizzie put in, and Alessia watched as she tapped around on her phone before turning it around so that Alessia could see that the photo was gone.

And that was it. The girls only wanted something exciting, one last bomb to go off before they left the school. But Alessia wanted something bigger. She wanted love, and she wanted me gone.

That was fuel enough; the girls had just made a bet to drive a wedge between me and Dylan.

When Alessia got home from school, she walked into a cloud of smoke, realising her dad had friends round, before sprinting up the stairs in fear.

She slammed her door behind her, locking it and throwing her bag on the floor, letting her blazer follow in suit. She stood in the corner of her room for a few moments, just pondering what to do next. Then, Alessia walked over to her full-length mirror, peering at her reflection. She sighed at her short hair and mascara that bled down onto her under-eye bags.

When she was done criticising her appearance, she quickly changed into comfortable clothes, before pulling out her sketchpad from her under her bed. She sat upon her duvet, pulling out her pencils from her drawers before she flipped through her many sketches, finding the one of Dylan.