Chapter Fourteen

After running away from the real Olivia Clark once more, trying to ignore her screams, I ran out into the town centre.

I checked the time on my phone. It was 11:50. Dylan said he'd meet me at twelve outside the school. I knew if Olivia was still at the party, that he would be too, but I counted on him anyway.

At the bus stop, I brushed through my hair and cleared up my makeup, returning to a more sane look. I fixed my top and adjusted my coat before reapplying my lipstick. When the bus came, I appeared only as a partygoer, and not someone who was just sexually assaulted.

Sitting on the back of the bus, I could do nothing but play and replay what had just happened over and over. I squeezed my eyes shut. Alessia just wanted to get away from the party, but as Olivia, I was suddenly full of rage. Fair enough Matt did this to me, but at least I'm apart of his friendship group. I could've written it off as playful fun, but not this. This is too far.

When the bus called for the bus stop near the police station, I pressed the bell and readied myself to get off.

I jumped off the bus, hurrying towards the police station. When I was inside, I headed straight for the desk.

The person there looked up, "Hi, how can–"

"I need to report a sexual assault," I said, making them freeze.

He nodded slowly, "Okay, just take a seat and someone will be right out." He told me. I turned around, finding the closest seat and sitting down. I was restless the entire time, fidgeting as I waited. I had never been in a police station before, never mind been here to report a crime.

Soon, a female police officer appeared before me.

She smiled, "Hello," she said, holding her hand out for me to take, "what's your name?" She asked.

I opened my mouth, ready to say Olivia Clark, but then I paused. "Alessia Trent," I told her, taking her hand and letting me take her hand.

"Nice to meet you, Alessia." With that, she guided me to a secluded room, letting me sit on the comfy chair as she took the office one.

"Okay," she said, sitting down, "I've been informed that you'd like to report a sexual assault," she said, pulling out a notebook and pen. I nodded, and so she continued to speak, "would you like to tell me what happened?" She asked.

I took a deep breath, recalling what had happened to her.

After I had told Alessia's half, I began to speak again, "This happened to me after this guy sexually assaulted another girl." I told the officer.

She frowned, "How do you know this?" She asked.

I froze. How do I explain that I've lived both sides of this story?

I shook my head, "She's a really close friend of mine; she'd never lie and so I trust that she's telling the truth."

"Well," The officer began, "we can't put credit to that unless she comes forward herself, but your account, Alessia, is definitely grounds to get this young man arrested," the woman said. I smiled, feeling victory. "Could you give me a name? Or perhaps appearance or–"